1 week ago
Job title : Senior Procurement Officer
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 31, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
The Senior Procurement Officer will support the procurement team in ensuring the efficiency and integrity of the processes for the procurement of goods and services at Arion.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform procurement functions for goods and services with the utmost integrity.
- Prioritizes, evaluates, and manages procurement needs and opportunities.
- Coordinate procurement processes in collaboration with the Procurement Manager
- Document all processes followed in procurement for references, audits, and other third-party reviews.
- Liaise with the Finance Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier.
- Manage and develop relationships with suppliers and clients, to ensure the quality of the goods and delivery, as well as the terms of the contract are met.
- Prepare reports and updates as when required.
- Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships.
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Support in updating the vendor’s database in line with Arion’s policy.
- Source and engage reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in the review of the quality of purchased products.
- Ensure compliance with the document retention strategy for the department.
- Support the Procurement Team in sustaining compliance with Arion’s procurement regulations.
- Conform compliance indicators for procurement.
- Conform to the established sourcing and procurement processes that promote transparency and integrity.
- Enhance supplier relationships to drive sourcing & supplier initiatives to meet or exceed product quality, and service & deliver sustainable cost reductions, while reducing or mitigating risk in procurement management
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent related qualification
- 7+ years’ experience in procurement required.
- Proven work experience in technical procurement in a technical-related industry
- Purchasing-related certifications will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of global sourcing and procurement strategies, tactics, processes, procedures, and systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Adaptable, creative, collaborative, and able to think strategically.
- Ability to lead in the face of complexity in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written)
- Able to work under pressure, take initiative and prioritize work independently.
- Ability to travel.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
- Store Keeping/Procurement jobs
- Senior Procurement Officer jobs