Job title : WASH Manager
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : June 09, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Under the Supervision of the WASH Coordinator, the WASH Manager will be responsible for designing, planning and providing technical leadership in the implementation of IMC WASH activities
- She/he will closely work with the WASH team, IDPs and all stakeholders to ensure efficient delivery of adequate WASH services in the assigned areas.
- To take the lead in designing, managing and implementing IMC WASH program in assigned areas
- To promote community participation and ownership through liaising with beneficiary communities, establishing, training and supporting community engagement and ensuring that activities are implemented to reflect coverage and prioritized needs.
- Support identification of appropriate new activities in consultation with field staff, local communities, local authorities and organizations operational in Nigeria.
- Support the WASH teams in developing and implementing acceptable WASH infrastructure designs, using appropriate technology where possible
- Support the WASH teams in developing Bill of Quantities (BOQs) for all WASH infrastructure being undertaken by International Medical Corps Nigeria.
- Support the WASH Coordinator in planning and program development and application of management tools including the Budget Monitoring Tool.
- Support the WASH Team in developing relevant Training Modules and Monitoring Tools to be used for Community Trainings.
- Contribute towards development of relevant WASH policies, protocols and guidelines to be implemented within the WASH program at country level.
- Contribute towards development of program implementation approaches, strategies and the overall Country Program Strategy
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the WASH coordinator.
Logistics and Budget Management:
- Provide input in the review of WASH related procurement requests, approve where appropriate and follow up with the Logistics/Procurement for timely delivery
- Support the WASH Teams in developing and reviewing activity base on budgets for all WASH Program and program support components
- Review and monitor all expenditure on budgets in coordination with the WASH coordinator
- Review and approve as per authorization level, all WASH related cash requests from WASH Field team.
- Support logistics in developing technical tender/bid documents related to WASH Infrastructure constructions, consultancies and conduct technical evaluation of the same.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with local government procedures (e.g. site selection) and do not duplicate or interfere with activities proposed or carried out by the UN or other NGO
- Liaise with other organizations engaged in similar activities in Nigeria, including the government authorities, UN and other NGO
- Liaise closely with the WASH coordinator to ensure good integration and synergy of all program activities.
- Represent International Medical Corps in all External Related Forums when called upon by the WASH Coordinators or the Country Director.
- Capacity Building and Human Resource Management:
- Directly manage the WASH Field team and ensure that program activities are completed within the specified timeframe and to acceptable level of technical and program quality
- Conduct Annual staff appraisals to the field WASH Officer in collaboration with the WASH Coordinator as well as review all appraisals for staff under the WASH Officer
- Facilitate staff training on areas of technical capacity gaps as captured in the appraisals
- Support field WASH Team in capacity building of the target communities, community volunteers and local authority where necessary
- Compile data/ information for WASH related donor reports in close coordination with field teams, the M&E Officer/ Manager and the WASH Coordinator
- Support the WASH team to deliver weekly updates in a timely manner.
- Compile all WASH Monthly Reports (internal)
- Work with M&E team to develop WASH Indicator Monitoring and Evaluation Tools and review the same regularly to adjust to program changes.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least five years of work experience designing and implementing water and sanitation systems in IDPs, refugee and migrant contexts, maintaining sanitation systems, and implementing hygiene promotion programs, including 2 years in a humanitarian setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Field experience in managing water, sanitation and hygiene programs in complex humanitarian settings, including in emergency responses;
- Experience in emergency and early recovery phases, including assessments and the design and delivery of adequate water supply and hygiene promotion interventions in humanitarian and development contexts.
- Experience in developing WASH strategy, clear and realistic activity planning;
- Experience and understanding of key intuitional donors’ policies, guidelines, and strategies, e.g., USAID/BHA, ECHO, FCDO, and the UN;
- Demonstrated experience in WASH proposal development and preparation of internal and donor reports
- Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions.
- The ability to effectively analyze complex problems and suggest solutions to have a positive impact;
- Ability and understanding of the WASH sector and its hardware and software components;
- Ability to effectively present information (both written and verbally) and to respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and HQ, counterparts, and senior government;
- Demonstrated knowledge of linking WASH activities with other humanitarian sectors;
- Ability to understand gender-related challenges within the beneficiary groups
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Office 365, PAMS, and SharePoint (minimum requirement).
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- WASH Manager jobs