6 days ago
Job title : Senior Engineer, VAS
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : June 25, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Job ID: IRC5079
- Perform Value added Service end to end trouble shooting, conduct VAS health checks, and carry out end to end KPI analysis and Performance optimization
- Ensure the implementation, maintenance and operations of VAS nodes and effectively monitor all data related links.
- Liaise with vendors to commission, integrate and perform system acceptance testing (SAT) for VAS elements on EMTS’s network.
- Troubleshoot circuit switching VAS network nodes such as Voicemail, USSD, IVR, CRBT, SMSC, IPCC, SCG, etc, as required to prevent, isolate, and resolve network faults.
- Ensure adherence to a proactive maintenance cycle on all VAS circuit switching systems
- Review recommendations of the internal audit function relating to CS VAS system policies, standards, guidelines and operations and take action as required.
- VAS Systems and Services’ diagnosis and resolution of issues to ensure MTTR and other service availability KPIs are met
- Development, configuration, and integration of all VAS solutions/systems in line with the Digital strategy execution plan
- Technical reviews to implement solutions and workarounds for faults/incidents
- Properly escalate and document unresolved service or system issues to appropriate internal or external teams and follow up to ensure they are satisfactorily closed within SLA
- Timely delivery of projects assigned with the goal of ensuring high quality standards are met and solutions are operationally viable.
- Collaborate with both Technical and Business teams to ensure seamless deployment of products
- Proactively manage capacity and ensure VAS systems operate below 70% utilization
- Mobilizes smooth operation of VAS nodes; testing and integration of new NE with the existing network.
- Takes care of all VAS related servers including their connectivity with all the other nodes
- Supervise maintenance of all VAS services i.e., nodes (SMSC, USSD, IVR, CRBTs, etc) in the network.
- First Degree in Electrical / Electronic or Computer Engineering.
- 5 years of experience in telecommunication sector.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Good knowledge and experience with Linux and IP Networking, especially Transport, Internet and Application Layer(IPv4,IPsec, TCP, UDP, QUIC, HTTP/s, DNS, RTSP, SSH) protocols
- Preferable with Knowledge on VAS systems like SMSC, SMPP-GW, Voice Mail, Voice SMS, RBT, SDP (Service Delivery Platform), RSC(Roaming Service Center), USSD, Collect Call, WAP/WEB Portal, Mobile TV, MMSC, WAP-GW, ADC & OTA, MTA (Mail Transfer Agent)
- Good knowledge in operating systems like Windows, Red hat or SUSE Linux, SUN Solaris and etc.
- Good knowledge in database like MySQL, SQL, Oracle and etc
- Good knowledge of shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of security encryption solutions – SSL, firewalls, VPN, IPsec
- Strong experience in programming/scripting language(s) – Python, Perl , Shell or equivalent
- 3rd Party RESTful API integration, PHP, MySQL, SQL server, web service working knowledge preferred
- Knowledge and basic experience in cloud infrastructure and network function virtualization.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- ICT Jobs in Nigeria jobs
- Senior Engineer, VAS jobs