FINDEF’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Livelihood Officer (Life-saving Assistance)
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : March 31, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
The Livelihood Officer is responsible for the implementation of the complementary livelihood activities in the Life-saving Assistance project. The role will focus on providing skills building, financial literacy sessions, VSLAs, and support to Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) to improve food and nutrition security for communities affected by the crisis.
- Implement the livelihood component of Life-saving assistance project including financial literacy sessions, VSLAs and support to MSMEs.
- Provide targeted beneficiaries with inputs and support them with technical support during program implementation.
- Arrange a conducive venue for the training of beneficiaries and ensure training materials and tools are adequate to deliver the trainings.
- Conduct financial literacy, bookkeeping and business management trainings to the identified beneficiaries.
- Promote nutrition-sensitive and/or climate-smart agriculture interventions at the household level, including the provision of non-food items for small vegetable gardens to improve households’ nutrition and self-sufficiency.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all activities and provide regular reports
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties but is intended to be a general representation of the role and responsibilities. The job description may be subject to change as the project evolves.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Economics, Rural Development, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in implementing livelihood and/or microfinance programs in humanitarian or development contexts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with communities and stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and under pressure in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with project management software.
- Fluency in English and Hausa, with knowledge of local languages in the target area an advantage.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping those affected by crisis, and the ability to work effectively in a challenging environment.
- They should be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- This position requires an individual who is able to manage their time effectively, prioritize tasks, and take initiative in solving problems.
- The candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with local partners, stakeholders, and communities.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
* Livelihood Officer (Life-saving Assistance) jobs
*Jobs in Borno
- Salary Offer: *********