Job title : Health Coordinator
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : October 02, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- As Health Coordinator, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the mission’s operational Health strategy as well as for the quality of current and future Health programmes throughout the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation phases.
- You will build the capacity of the mission’s Health department and provides technical support to the project teams and in particular to the Health Project Managers via a functional relationship.
- You will represent PUI to the authorities, humanitarian actors and donors within the Health sector.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Context analysis / Strategy / Development: You will participate in the development of the operational strategy in Health and contributes to the design of new relevant Health interventions on the mission based on the identified Health needs in the country, and in line with PUI’s Health policy and intervention framework. In coordination with the Health team, you will carry out epidemiological monitoring for the country and analyse strengths and weaknesses from a public health perspective.
- Programmes quality: You will provide technical support in your field of expertise to the programme teams, in particular to the Health Programme Managers, and ensure the quality and effectiveness of the mission’s Health programmes.
- Representation / Coordination: You will ensure PUI’s external representation for the Health sector to partners, donors, national authorities and local actors. You will represent PUI in the Health Cluster / Health sector coordination group meetings. You will contribute to the good information sharing within the Health sector.
- Human Resources / Training: You will provide technical support to the project teams and in particular to the Health teams. You will provide support to the project managers for the recruitment of technical staff in Health. Working alongside the Head of Mission (HoM) and/or the Deputy HoM for Programs and the HQ Health Advisor, you will identify key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and gaps within Health department. You will supervise the content of Health training and the quality of Health activities on the basis of identified needs.
- Logistics and Administration: You will ensure the teams under your responsibility follow logistic and administrative procedures and keep the logistic and administrative departments informed of any relevant developments.
- Security: You will contribute to the compliance with security rules on the mission and share all information related to security with your line manager and/or to the mission’s security manager. You will contribute when necessary to the choice of referral options for the health care of the mission’s expatriates.
The challenges that await you :
- Fulfilling program pharmaceutical needs due to delays in receiving international orders, government policies on customs prohibited import bun drugs, and donor policies on procurement of drugs.
- Lack of access to the implementation area for monitoring and supervising the activities due to restricted road movements. A person must have a good experience in remote management and be familiar with a similar context.
- Challenging support from the Ministry of Health officials affecting the program implementation. Persisting and recurring outbreaks of diseases and acute malnutrition increase the pressure on the health system and ongoing health projects.
What you will need to succeed
- You hold a Medical diploma or a Paramedic training, and completed a Medical Internship. If you got a Master’s degree in Pharmacy, Public Health or Project management, it would be an asset.
- You are strengthened by minimum 3 years of experience in the field with international NGOs in medical project coordination. A previous experience as Medical Coordinator or in an equivalent position would be appreciated.
- You already worked with Premi?re Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- You master humanitarian project management and team management, you have a detailed knowledge of donors prerequisites. You also have excellent writing skills.
- You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, the ability to make decisions, trustworthiness and a sense of responsibility, organisational skills, reactivity, ability to be thorough and to adapt. You have a strong ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Arabic, Spanish, and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Health Coordinator jobs