Job title : Finance Officer
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : June 08, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
The Finance Officer will provide a cashier function and Finance work of maintaining proper financial records of all transactions in accordance with MC financial procedures to the MC Country Office.
Scope of work
The Country Finance Officer will be responsible for timely posting of all Invoices approved and paid, petty cash management and banking, filing of country office monthly financial information inclusive of payment vouchers, bank information, financial correspondence etc. S/he will also ensure orderliness within the finance department.
The Country Finance officer will deal with all cash receipts and payments as well as advising the Accountant on the arising financial matters and sharing area of concern with suggested solution.
Key working relationships
The Country Finance Officer will be a member of the Country finance team and will report to the Country Accountant. S/he will work with project based staff (both national and state based) and the Country Admin/Operation team. Indirectly report to the Finance Manager or Country Finance Manager as applicable.
Finance work (40%)
Prepare monthly financial reports to the Accountant as per finance timetable which comprises the following:
- Bank reconciliation statement including copy of bank statement
- Aged list of outstanding Advances and Other ledger balances
- Fixed asset register update and Spot Check reports
- Authorised Petty Cash Count Certificate and reconciliations
- Monthly timesheet update
- End of Month Checklist
- Accurate and timely reconcile all ledgers and sub ledgers including, petty cash, staff, purchase and other required ledgers.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation report of above.
- Prepare Country Office Monthly Recharges; Office, Staff and Vehicle recharges on third working day of the month.
Calculate and request the office’s monthly cash needs with the Accountant with the objective to minimise month end cash and bank balances, whilst at the same time having adequate funds available for operational needs.
- Making Payments of all meetings, workshop and training participants and consultants.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, bank and other suppliers.
- Safeguarding the organisation resources by scrutinising all payment requests, TAFs, PRFs by adhering to the MC Manual, Policies and Procedures.
- Advising the Accountant and Finance Manager on the arising financial matters and sharing areas of concern with suggested solutions.
- Follow up on the stock balance of financial documents (forms, vouchers, receipts etc.) and make a timely order before stock outs occurs.
- Remittance of Statutory deduction to Government; WHT, PAYE, Annual Tax filing etc as per timeline set by the Nigeria Government.
- Assist Accountant and Finance Manager with queries relating to Project and MC accounts.
- Act as the first point of contract for all payment queries.
- Other occasional tasks as required by Country Finance Manager and delegate.
Suppliers Invoice (25%)
- Receive all invoices from suppliers & vendors and prepare the Invoice authorisation forms
- Review and post all Non-NAV Procurement invoices directly onto PSF ledger ensuring the accuracy of codes, support documentation, budget availability and necessary approval from the authorised personnel.
- Review and post all NAV procurement invoices on NAV.
- Prepare all payments cash, cheque, bank transfers and obtain approval from the authorised personnel
- Post payments onto PSF general ledger ensuring the accuracy of all the required codes.
Operations related work (25%)
- Be responsible for issuing travel and activity advances to project managers, consultants and/or any other staff travels, including reconciliation of the same on return
- Filing System:
- Ensure all supporting documents and financial filing system is organised, authentic and complete.
- In charge of archiving and filling all finance documents and ensuring that they are in safe custody and easily accessible by the finance team.
- Ensure all Country Office staff submit Timesheet for recharges.
Petty Cash (10%)
- In charge of keeping the Petty cash impress system and records, making requisitions and issues as approved by the authorised personnel.
- Take collections after issuing proper receipts and make a deposit of all cash collections in a timely, honest and trust worthy manner.
- Count Petty Cash on a minimum of a monthly basis with the Accountant.
- Post all petty cash invoices and vouchers into the General Ledger with accurate codes.
Qualifications and experience:
- HND or Bachelor’s in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a finance team, with at least one year in and Finance/Accounts Officer position
- Member of Accounting Professional body is an added advantage
Work-based skills and competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of NGO donors and their financial reporting requirements
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft excel
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Strong ability to be able to manage and prioritise multiple tasks
- Willingness to learn at all times
- Working knowledge of accounting software is an added advantage
- Trustworthiness and operational decision-making skills is an added advantage
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines and high pressure activities
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Finance Officer jobs