Job title : Capacity Building Intern jobs in Borno
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : April 03, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Major duties and responsibilities
Output 1: Working with the Capacity Development team, the Humanitarian Information and Analysis Unit (HIAU), and Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM), the interns will:
- Identify available data at different levels, including but not limited to surveys, MSNAs, rapid assessments, secondary data reviews, and other data that is collected by humanitarian actors and government MDAs in northeast Nigeria.
- Assist HIAU/RRM IMOs in information management tasks.
- Assist the Capacity Development team in preparing for training sessions and following up on training assessments.
- In collaboration with the Capacity Development team and the designated focal points from the HIAU/RRM, build a metadata catalog in relation to activity 1.1.
Output 2: Working with the sector’s/agency’s coordinators, and in coordination with the Capacity Building/HIAU/RRM teams, the interns will:
- Perform wide-ranging ad hoc data and information management tasks, as necessary to support the teams and develop practical skills.
To be considered for an internship at iMMAP, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A graduate or post-graduate student in a field related to computer science, data engineering or data science, information management, social science, research, or statistics and is not running any program (academic program, National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), ad-hoc engagements with other organizations, etc) that could negatively affect his/her availability;
- Be proficient in the English language;
- Must be an indigene of Borno, Adamawa, or Yobe states
- Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
Additional assignment-specific qualifications:
- Basic understanding and interest in GIS, data analysis, or data for decision-making within humanitarian organizations.
- Experience understanding technical requirements to accomplish goals.
- Experience working with non-computer scientists to ensure that project development meets the needs of users.
- Analytical rigor
- Tact, diplomacy, and political sensitivity.
- Maturity and ability to work and communicate effectively
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Flexibility in work planning based on changing needs
Female candidates are STRONGLY encouraged to apply!
Benefits for interns:
- Gain valuable work experience: The intern will gain valuable experience in information management at a big organization.
- Develop new skills and refine others: Under the guidance of iMMAP senior staff, the incumbent will set learning objectives, receive feedback, and strengthen existing and develop new skill sets for effective planning exercises, and evaluating systems change initiatives.
- Strengthen future employability: The internship will expose the intern to a professional work environment. This experience at iMMAP could strengthen his or her future employability.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Research / Data Analysis jobs
- Capacity Building Intern jobs
- Salary Offer: *********