4 weeks ago
Job title : Actuary Senior Associate
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 27, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
Job Description & Summary
- A career within Actuarial Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute advice and consulting services based on data and statistics to clients such as insurers, banks, regulators, and third-party administrators.
- You will provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modeling, underwriting, new legislation, and the efficiency of claims or reporting processes. Simply put, you will use data for good; solving business problems for our clients within a wider community of solvers.
- The range of work will be wide in scope and will vary from for instance analyzing the impact that new regulation will have on an insurance company’s balance sheet to you could be revising businesses’ projections and making sure they have adequate reserves
- To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level.
- To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
- A career in our Actuarial & Insurance Services practice will provide you with the opportunity to contribute general insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, banks, regulators and other industry players. and third-party administrators.
- You’ll provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modelling, underwriting, new legislation, and the efficiency of claims or reporting processes.
- Simply put, you might help analyse the impact that new regulation will have on an insurance company’s balance sheet, or you could be revising businesses’ projections and making sure they have adequate reserves.
- Evaluate product line performance and the risk and appropriateness of assumptions used in product development.
- Aid clients in strategic planning, marketplace analysis, estimating growth potential, product research, image and reputation analysis and improvements.
- Initiate and design high priority primary research activities on behalf of clients.
- Work on projects that require more complex planning and direction setting with diverse and multiple stakeholders.
- Analyze the financial risks for various asset/liability matching scenarios and monitor the appropriateness of reserves. Serves as an expert on the current health care market.
- Make initial determinations on reserves, dividend allocations, and surplus forecasts.
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Finance
- A strong background knowledge in mathematics and statistics
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead self and others.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Insurance jobs
- Actuary Senior Associate jobs