Riders For Health’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Workshop Manager/Technical Adviser
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : October 05, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
- Three or more years of experience in the management cadre is necessary
- Knowledge of the automotive industry and trends
- Strong communication skills; a track record of leadership; and the ability to interpret vehicular terminologies.
Four to ten years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
The preferred candidate must have:
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions
- Ability to diagnose and rectify faults, analyze work orders, perform repairs, and routine service work in accordance with the established and documented procedures amongst others.
- Ability to conduct vehicle inspections to identify faults and initiate required repairs in order to reduce or completely eradicate returned jobs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to coordinate and direct the activities of a vehicle repairs unit to ensure efficient work operations.
- Monitors progress and completion of vehicles, ensuring that proper repair and safety procedures are followed.
- Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks. Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
- Checks quality of completed work.
- Oversee daily operations, remedy customer complaints promptly, and ensure customer satisfaction metrics are met
- Implement growth strategies that align with that of the organization
- Proper time management skills
- Excellent leadership qualities
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft office
- Advise the directors on the best way to move the department forward
- Provide a daily report on all relative KPIs, violations of company policies, and customer concerns.
- Ability to maintain and keep proper inventory of workshop tools and equipment.
- Must possess the ability to know how to hold effective team meetings and perform reviews, and how to deal with every type of employee issue.
- Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
- Directs and schedules the work of all technicians.
Monitors technicians’ daily productive activities
- Ability to prepare estimates and time required for repairs.
- Follows up on parts department orders to ensure parts availability.
- Handles customer complaints immediately and according to the company’s guidelines.
- Ensures that proper safety equipment is available and being used properly.
- Facilitates and/or conducts technical training and advises on appropriate training as needed.
Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
- Ensures that the work areas are kept clean
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Contact clients and convince them to bring vehicles to their unit for repairs
- Oversee the inspection of automobiles to identify faulty components and facilitate the process for repairs
Monitor inventory to regulate and ensure availability of required vehicle parts
Oversee the procurement of vehicle parts, automotive equipment, and various other items required in an auto service department
- Assign and schedule work duties to auto service staff according to their skills
- Follow up with customers to obtain feedback and ensure they are satisfied with the received service
- Attend workshops and study relevant publications to stay up-to-date with developments in the automotive service industry.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.