Willers Solutions’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Senior Engineer IT Support
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : April 30, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Our client a reputable firm is looking to fill the role of a Senior Engineer IT Support
Job Introduction –
Functionally Reports to: System Administrator
Administratively Reports to: Business Director
Job Objectives –
Sr. Engineer_IT Support’s Job primarily focus is to ensure that the company IT Infrastructure is functioning as effectively as possible. To supervise / participate for the maintenance, upgradation, configuration and reliable operation of computer system, network servers and virtualization. To coordinate with HR and ensure continues training to new as well as existing staff on IT and applications for efficient use.
Job Responsibilities –
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Duties include the following, measurable in terms of time, cost, quality or quantity.
- Strategic Responsibility – To collaborate with department heads to assess near and long term capacity needs.
- To conduct regular research on network product, technology, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Day to day Management – To install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers and integrate automation system.
- To troubleshoot network, software and hardware errors by running diagnostics, documenting problem and resolutions, prioritizing problems and assessing impact of issues.
- To ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, scanners, printers, copy machines, and other network appliances.
- To perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery and failover procedures.
- To ensure timely closure of departmental complaints or issues as faced by other colleagues.
- To work on various running or new projects as and when assigned by FRT/ART.
- To alert FRT/ART for any unusual occurrence and/or damage that has taken place or that may occur.
- To assure safety resources and standards are used and been followed while doing any job.
- Reporting – To prepare all applicable reports in time for accuracy and in order to ensure that they match the functional requirements, policies and standards.
- To create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, mapping, and hardware installation, updates, purchase & service records.
- To keep record of complaints, inventory, asset movements etc.
- People Management – To ensure continuous training in coordination with HR for new as well as existing team on efficient usage of IT resources.
- Safety Health & Environment – Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, health and environmental procedures across the department in order to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- Related Assignment – To perform other related duties or assignment as and when assigned.
- Minimum 8+ years of troubleshooting experience in Windows Server, Outlook, MS Office etc.
- HND or Engineering in IT / Computer Science (MCSE, CCNA or similar certificates shall be preferred but not mandatory).
- Hands on in maintaining UTM, LAN, WAN, Thin Clients, Domain Network and Printers.
- As per the need of the business the job is transferrable and posting can be made anywhere in Nigeria/West Africa.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV in “MS WORD to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.