Job title : Wi-Fi Engineer
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : November 30, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Purpose of the Job
- The Team Lead, Wi-Fi is responsible for building carrier grade and reliable Wi-Fi network infrastructure andmaintainingessentialWi-FiservicesforipNX customers in accordance with set SLAs. Responsible for planning, designing, implementing,andoverseeingthe administrationandmaintenance’ofWi-Finetwork infrastructure within ipNX (Core) as well as deployments for Customers (Access).
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities required to fulfil and support Wi-Fi Services to Enterprise customers.
- Management of existing Wi-Fi Infrastructure and Systems and development of new ones while also overseeing systems administration task as well as asset management.
- Govern across all areas of service delivery processes, continual service improvement through product enhancements and innovation, customer satisfaction as well as playing a key role in ensuring the highest level of operational service delivery.
- Provide pre-sales support to the business team(s) as well as assist with product information and training to drive sales/marketing needs.
Expected Key Results
- Efficient Network Infrastructure Strategy for Customers
- Customer Service
- Stakeholder Management
- Vendor and Asset Management
- Network Service Support Analysis
- People Management and Training
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Electrical Engineering or other technical disciplines (2.2/Upper Credit Minimum)
- Industry Certifications in AWS, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP, and CCIE
- Requires strong knowledge of Cisco routers and switches and of firewalls and web filtering solutions
- Understanding of Communications Networks. Cisco network certification is required
- Keen interest in emerging technologies Cloud, SD-WAN
- A good grasp of Wireless Installations (RF Planning, Design, Installation and Maintenance)
- Good verbal and written communication skills required for interaction with business-users.
- Strong problem-solving skills required for technical issue resolution.
- Organised and structured work habits.
- Strong personal time management to coordinate several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to confidently communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Extensive technical knowledge deploying and managing network and infrastructure environment
- Well organized, articulate and has numerate skills
- High degree of Microsoft Office Suite competence [Bonus: Visio, MS Project]
- Exemplary Communication Skills [Face to Face and over the telephone]; Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization
- Knowledge of network hardware configuration and management, including routers, firewalls, switches etc.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Pre-Sales & Post-Sales Management
- Demonstrable communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Environmental / Industry analysis
- Documentation and Strategic planning skills
- Excellent communication skills ? Project management skills also desirable
- A good grasp of technical (wireless & wireline) installations and willingness to learn more
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant wireless hardware and other network connectivity equipment including routers and switches
- Good understanding of cloud based systems
- Must demonstrate interpersonal capabilities and leadership
- 5+ years of experience as a technical engineer in the wireless communications industry
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience within the telecoms space
- Experienced in bandwidth capacity management
- Experienced in data communications and networking principles and standards
- Experience in the design of systems which contain a significant connectivity element
- Must have experience track record of achieving and exceeding service delivery and support KPIs
- Experience designing and deploying key WLAN applications including secure mobility, voice over WLAN, location based services, and wireless guest access
- Experience managing large projects team
- Customer Focus
- Action orientation
- Tech savvy
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Ensures Accountability
- Develops Talent
- Drives Engagement
- Excellent Decision Quality
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Drives Vision & Purpose
How to Apply for this Offer
- Engineering / Technical jobs
- Wi-Fi Engineer jobs