White Soul Motors’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Operations Manager
Job Location : Cross River
Deadline : May 15, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Job Title: Operations Manager – Calabar
We are a highly reputable haulage company in Calabar and are looking to engage the services of an Operations Manager to provide operational leadership and management and ensure accurate operational controls, measurement and reporting systems to support a safe, effective and reliable operations as it conforms to the requirements of our partners.
Key Functions of the Role
- Oversee and ensure orderly, safe and satisfactory delivery of entire clients’ consignments to clients’ customers or depot facilities.
- Ensure the availability of 95% of the company’s vehicles for routing every day of the month at the time stipulated by the client.
- Ensure that White Soul’s trucks are operated efficiently and economically. Supervise and coordinate vehicle maintenance to reduce downtown of vehicles.
- Manage company costs by developing cost management processes, engendering a financially responsible culture and introducing tactical initiatives to address theft and other losses.
- Assess and implement improved processes and new technologies, and collaborating with management regarding the implementation of these improvements.
- Support the company in the management of relationships with clients and external stakeholders through a coordinated approach including attendance at meetings.
- Enforce compliance to good housekeeping as a key safety objective.
- Liaise with the unit leads to ensure zero loss/theft/damage incidents at the company’s facilities.
- Ensure that all trucks are road worthy, fully utilized and turnaround time (TAT) is maintained at all times
- Prepare a comprehensive budget that delivers the greatest value to the business.
- Leverage market data to drive company growth.
- Work with other managers to create long-term company strategy.
- Perform regular employee evaluations to determine areas of improvement.
- Design business strategies and plans to meet the company goals.
- Make sure that the company has sufficient resources such as personnel, material, and equipment.
- Ensure all company activities adhere to legal guidelines and policies.
- Manage employee activities, providing suitable resources
- Ensure full compliance to all company’s policies by employees, vendors and all stakeholders
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- First degree from a reputable tertiary institution
- M.Sc is an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualifications from a recognized professional body (e.g. Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT) and Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM)
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience, with at least 5 years in senior management capacity
- Proven experience in Supply Chain management, including, haulage, logistics, and fleet management and customer service operations
- Must possess high level integrity
- Must be firm in dealing with employees
- In-depth knowledge of global and local transport and logistics best practices
- Experience working with a large and unskilled/semiskilled workforce;
- Has thorough understanding of heavy-duty vehicle operations and working knowledge of engines and vehicles at large;
- Possesses working knowledge of budgeting, business development, and strategic planning;
- Thinks strategically and innovatively on operational and technical aspects of the business
- An ability to coach and mentor direct reports to improve their performance and impact.
- Ability to direct and motivate colleagues and contractors.
- An ability to develop team members at all levels, with the requirement
- Must be willing to relocate
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.