Job title : WGSS Facilitator – Shani
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : March 04, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
- The WGSS Facilitator will plan and implement regular activities within a Women and Girls Safe Space (WGSS). The WGSS Facilitator will act in service to diverse groups of women and girls within a community and will ensure that the WGSS is a safe and welcoming hub for empowerment opportunities and services.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation:
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with WGSS Supervisor/management, staff team, local partners, and community stakeholders, as relevant, to plan WGSS.
- Contribute to assessments as required to identify appropriate locations, modalities, and approaches for WGSS implementation.
- Consult with diverse women and girls to plan a range of relevant activities within WGSS.
- Promote consensus decision making within WGSS when planning activities.
- Develop procurement plans and submit supply requests for activities.
Capacity Building and Implementation
- Implement activities within a WGSS, in line program plans and the WGSS Toolkit
- Promote women and girls’ ownership of WGSS throughout implementation.
- Promote solidarity and inclusion of members.
- Dedicate attention to the needs of adolescent girls in program activities.
- Lead WGSS activities, including group psychosocial support activities and information sessions.
- Develop and adapt tools and curricula, as relevant, for hosted activities within the WGSS.
- Orient new visitors to the WGSS and maintain good relations with WGSS members.
- Implement specific approaches, where relevant (e.g., Women Rise, Girl Shine)
- Train staff, partners, volunteers, members, and others, as relevant, in GBV core concepts, GBV risk mitigation, women’s leadership, and other relevant topics
- Organize distribution of dignity kits, where relevant
- Support community volunteers engaged for GBV outreach, where relevant
- Coordinate with GBV Casework Supervisors/GBV Caseworkers to ensure safe and effective integration of GBV case management services into WGSS, as relevant.
- Respond with compassion and discretion to anyone who discloses GBV or need for individual support; ensure appropriate service referrals.
- Work with HR to recruit and supervise trainers, facilitators, WGSS support staff, outreach staff, where relevant
- Train and support staff, volunteers, WGSS members contributing to leadership of activities, where relevant
- Ensure, as possible, that staff/volunteers/members leading WGSS activities represent the diversity of women and girls in community.
- Develop support strategies for GBV staff/partners/volunteers, foster teambuilding, and support principles of self-care.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Conduct group discussions to understand needs, interests, and preferences of women and girls.
- Seek and analyse WGSS member and community feedback and adapt activities accordingly.
- Track data on WGSS participation, including appropriate security of any personally identifiable information.
- Monitor and document prevention and risk mitigation program activities.
- Contribute to internal and external reports.
- Coordination, Advocacy and Representation
- Coordinate regularly with WGSS Supervisor/ GBV Deputy Manager/Manager/Coordinator and participate, as required, in broader team meetings.
- Coordinate with relevant community focal points, local partners, and women’s networks
- Represent WGSS, and member feedback related to women’s and girls’ risks, rights, and needs within GBV program team and with external partners, as relevant.
- Strengthen referrals between WGSS and other services.
- Promote connection between WGSS and other women’s platforms and networks.
- Promote a survivor-centred approach in all internal and external communication.
- Represent program goals and GBV standards.
Security and Conduct
- Ensure compliance with security protocols and policies.
- Foster a safe and supportive working environment for all GBV staff and partners.
- Exemplify core principles of GBV programming, including respect, non-discrimination, responsible use of power, nonviolence, and promotion of gender equality.
- Contribute to the positive image and overall credibility of the program and organization, notably through adherence to the Code of Conduct and Ethics, including compliance with anti-harassment, safeguarding and PSEA policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
- Women’s rights/ GBV-related experience required; Relevant academic experience preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to core principles of GBV programming, including gender equality and survivor-centered support services.
- Training and facilitation experience
- Familiarity with community structures, including government and NGO service providers.
- Strong communication skills
- Good interpersonal and advocacy skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, remain flexible, and apply experience and guidance to evolving challenges.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and local language requirements.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- WGSS Facilitator – Shani jobs