Job title : Well Engineering Subject Matter Experts
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : March 07, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
To act as the Well Operations champion to guide and provide expert support to the onshore and offshore Well Operations teams in the design and execution of complex trajectory well interventions and advanced carbonate reservoir stimulations. Responsible to monitor, evaluate and design Well Operations activities including reservoir surveillance, production testing, well integrity diagnostics, preventative maintenance, reservoir stimulation, scale removal, water and gas shut off and numerous other key activities required during the life cycle of a well. To work closely with all engineers within the Well Operations group to provide expert operational and technical support to the field or wells assigned, including rig based activity when required. Provides HSE leadership in all aspects of Well Servicing, Interventions and Operations.
- Provides expert technical advice to the Well Delivery Process (WDP) for the planning and design of new Extended Reach wells drilled from both artificial islands and offshore wellhead platforms, ensuring full consideration is given to future well access, reservoir management and well integrity requirements during the life cycle of a well.
- Performs periodic site visits to ensure operations are being carried out in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures and in line with industry Best Practices.
- Performs independent planning and prioritization of WO team’s activities in co-ordination with reservoir, drilling and sites teams, ensuring that the wells optimum integrity conditions and their availability for production /injection are primary focus.
- Responsible to maintain line manager updated on work schedule and progress.
- Drives continuous improvement within the Well Operations Engineering Team through interrogation of After Action Reviews, capturing Lessons Learned and disseminating across the WO teams.
- Identifies gaps and opportunities to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Performs all Well Operations Engineering activities in alignment with the Well Delivery Process (WDP).
- Performs the role of Subject Matter Expert (SME) for one or more core Well Operations disciplines participating in the evaluation of training material and providers to enhance the teams capabilities.
- Relieves the Well Operations Management Team as and when required.
- Provides onshore technical support for each Well Operations activity assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in an Engineering Discipline, ideally Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering.
- For Bachelors, minimum 20 years experience, for Masters, minimum 15 years experience and for PhD minimum 10 years experience in petroleum engineering activities related to well operations, well services and intervention, and at least 5 years of offshore related work.
- Strong knowledge of Well Engineering in complex trajectory applications.
- Computing competence with modelling software such as Nodal Analysis, Tubing Forces and Hydraulics, Production / Injection and Stimulation Modelling in addition to proficiency in MS Office applications.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Engineering / Technical jobs
- Well Engineering Subject Matter Experts jobs