1 week ago
Job title : Waste Management Coordinator II jobs in Akwa Ibom
Job Location : Akwa Ibom
Deadline : March 30, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Oversee the planning, coordination and monitoring of solid and liquid waste management for the Upstream / Downstream Operations environment.
- Supervise the day-to-day implementation of waste services provision by 3rd party contractors, and provide timely direction and support to ensure Operations waste requirements are met, and overall conformance to Company waste management principles and philosophies is achieved.
Tasks and Responsibilities
In addition to all Level1 tasks and responsibilities, Level2:
- Ensure that correct client standards and waste disposal procedures are undertaken by client staff and contractors, such as identifying waste materials, safety guideline training, and conducting risk assessments on hazardous materials.
- Ensure compliance with local and national laws with regards to safe handling, storage and disposal of waste, whilst implementing strategies to reduce waste.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in Applied Science, Environmental Management, or equivalent
- Safety leadership qualifications or certifications
- Incident investigation training (i.e.Taproot).
- 10 – 25 years relevant work experience.
- Experience in environmental management and /or waste management, with remote experience preferred
- Experience within a large corporation or complex organizational setting
- Experience supervising contractors within a dynamic, challenging and/or unpredictable environment
- Experience in the operation of waste facilities (waste processing equipment and landfills)
- Experience in the environmental monitoring of waste facilities and activities (including water, air, noise emissions).
- Highest standard of Safety, Health, and Environment aptitude and cultivates the same in others
- Cultural sensitivity
- Understanding of Company and worksite-specific endeavors for best practice waste management
- Work in extreme and remote environments
- Ability to interface professionally with 3rd party contractors, suppliers and end users/receivers of services
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to form an effective working relationship with others, while maintaining focus for broader company objectives
- Ability to foster co-operation and collaboration with others.
General Technical Skills:
- Very strong safety and conformance/compliance focus
- Very good interpersonal and motivational skills
- In-depth knowledge of spill response, cleanup and reporting
- Incident investigation training (i.e.Taproot)
Specific Technical Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of safety management tools and processes. (i.e. Step back 5×5, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Risk Assessment)
- Understanding and knowledge of local waste regulations and permitting
- Good working knowledge of landfill operational practices, and waste handling, treatment and disposal processes
- Strong knowledge of environmental aspect.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Security / Safety jobs
- Waste Management Coordinator II jobs
- Salary Offer: *********
Email Me Jobs Like These
Showing 1–0 of 0 jobs