Danish Refugee Council’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : WASH and Shelter Assistant
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : September 29, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- The WASH and Shelter assistant, under the supervision of the WASH & Shelter Team Lead, is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the various WASH and Shelter activities in the field locations under his/her responsibility.
- He is to assist the WASH/Shelter Officer in ensuring the quality of the planning, implementation and follow-up of WASH and Shelter activities being implemented by DRC.
Duties and Responsibilities
General Programming & Operations:
- Carrying out Wash and Shelter needs assessment for returning refugees and IDPs and using results in designing intervention measures.
- Monitor WASH and Shelter activities, construction works progress, costs, and schedule in accordance with project plan and taking of appropriate actions.
- Ensure archiving of WASH and Shelter logs and procurement records.
- Participate in preparations of WASH and Shelter flight and vehicle plans.
- Ensure efficient and Effective program implementation while following work plan.
- Participate in preparing and Providing Inputs monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/ reports
- Mobilization of beneficiary communities to maintain the established WASH and shelter resources.
- Assist in project implementation and reporting.
Coordination and Representation:
- Collaborate with relevant Internal and External technical experts on issues related to WASH and shelter.
- Represent DRC at WASH and shelter meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings at the field level if needed.
- Ensure integration and support of WASH and Shelter activities with other DRC sectors.
- Coordinate with WASH, RRM, and Shelter counterparts in other locations in the implementation of common funded projects.
- Ensure good representation and reputation of WASH and Shelter sector at all levels.
- Actively participate in internal coordination meetings
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil / Water Engineering or Architecture from a recognized institution. Desirable
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering or equivalent field with relevant work experiences
- Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
- Experience working in emergency response with NGOs, preferably in a humanitarian context.
- At least 1 year experience in the implementation and evaluation of Wash or Shelter projects.
- Knowledge of WASH or Shelter Approaches.
- Good IT skills (especially MS Office).
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in local spoken languages ( Hausa or Kanuri).
Application Closing Date: 9th September, 2022 at midnight (GMT-time).
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online