eRecruiter Nigeria’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Warehouse Manager (Logistics)
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : August 31, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
The position exists to manage the activities of the Received Goods Warehouse and its staff to meet customer delivery requirements through the receipt, issue and control of inventory.
- Ensure on-time ordering of required meters and accessories from the Company’s HQ
- Manage Customs clearance of imported goods (using clearing agents)
- Arrange batch-testing of MAP projects meters by NEMSA according to project plans
- Ensure timeous delivery of goods to the correct customer in alignment with Projects and Commercial plans.
- Manage the activities of receipting, picking, issuing, packing, marking, and shipping stock.
- Ensure that the stores layout and storage requirements meet the health and safety regulations.
- Maintain and control access to the stores area for authorized personnel only.
- Ensure that all equipment is serviced and maintained in the correct condition for serving activities in this area.
- Ensure that all staff are correctly trained and licensed to operate equipment in this area as required by their positions.
- Ensure that all delivery information is entered into the SAP system and ensure that POD documentation is reconciled and filed.
- Co-ordinate with Logistics and Commercial on all exports shipments to ensure that the correct packing, marking, and shipping conditions are met.
- Investigate and correct stock discrepancies.
- Perform periodic cyclic counting of stock to ensure accuracy of inventory levels.
- Develop and lead an effective skilled team with an emphasis on customer service, team culture and team objectives and undertake regular communication to ensure information is delivered in a timely manner
- Support the development of a greater focus on and understanding of commercial considerations and imperatives amongst staff
- Develop and train staff to ensure staff have and maintain appropriate skills
- Work within the team to achieve shared goals and targets.
- Set operational and/or performance goals which are challenging, achievable and tied to long-term goals
- Monitor performance against performance goals to ensure that progress is being made
- Constructively participate as a member of the wider Company team
- Undertake any other tasks or one-off projects which may be assigned from time to time
- Ensure protection of the company’s commercial interests always and in all circumstances
- Take all practicable steps to ensure personal safety and the safety of others as a matter of priority
- Demonstrate professional skill and a high standard of fairness and integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Degree or diploma in Purchasing, Materials Management or Supply Chain Management
- At least 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment, with some of that at the supervisory level
- Experience in warehouse management
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and SAP skills
- Knowledge of pre-payment and revenue management products
- Knowledge of manufacturing and logistics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply for this Offer
Intereted and Qualified Candidate Should Click here