DEDA Hospital’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Waiter/Waitress jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : June 30, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware, and china.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present the menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software,regular order pad, or by memorization.
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drinks.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with the Head Cook to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
- 1 year Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress.
- Minimum of OND with a flare for kitchen services.
- 1 year Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system.
- Basic math skills.
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Excellent handwriting.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Extremely high personal hygiene, hair, teeth, fingernails, etc, and attractively dressed or possibly in uniform.
- Flexibility to work in shift
- High school diploma; food safety training is a plus
- Experience with developing a constructive working and interpersonal relationships with colleagues and customers
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Active listening
- Good physical condition
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.