African Union(AU)’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Vice Rector jobs in Not specified
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : October 29, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Requisition ID: 724
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon (Pan-African University)
Organization: African Union Commission – AUC
Reports to: Rector
Directorate/Department : ESTI
Number of Direct Reports: 2
Number of Indirect Reports: 3
Job Grade: P6
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of Job
- This is an executive position within the Pan African UniversityÛªs Management structure. Reporting to the Rector, the holder of this position will serve as the Chief Academic Officer and will provide leadership for the planning, development, implementation, coordination, standards, assessment, and administration of all academic programs and academic support, including oversight of Libraries resources.
- He/She shall also be in charge of student affairs, and will provide the executive leadership and accountability for the administration, development, assessment and improvement of student services and experiences which meet and support the University’s vision and missions In addition,
- He/she shall serve as Chief University Advancement executive charged with raising the overall profile of the University and coordinating alumni, diaspora and private sector relations.
- Supervise and manage the employees of the vice rector office with regard to organisation and performance evaluation;
- Support in design of strategies and policies consistent with the PAUÛªs goal in order to address the pertinent issues in the relevant area;
- Contribute to the development of the departmental business continuity plan and ensure implementation;
- Ensure risk management and mitigation;
- Develop new and expand on existing activities as components of the strategies and policies;
- Engage stakeholders within Members States and RECs in designing and implementing strategies;
- Represent the organisation and explain its position at conferences.
- Mobilise funding from all donors to implement strategies and activities;
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and monitor budget execution at division level.
- Coordinate the planning, development and evaluation of academic programs, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Coordinate the evaluation and review of academic programs and curriculum development
- Coordinate with the relevant national, regional, continental and international accreditation and quality assurance agencies
- Supervise the Directors of the five thematic institutes and affiliate centres, and evaluating their recommendations for faculty hiring, promotion, and tenure and forwarding them to the Rector
- Supervise budget preparation for the academic and academic-related programs.
- Responsible for planning, developing and implementing innovative and proactive programs, services, and procedures which respond to the changing needs and requirements of the UniversityÛªs student community and which enhance the University’s viability for student recruitment and retention purposes.
- Serve as the Chief spokesperson for the Rector on matters related to academic and student affairs
- Foster cross-Institute co-operation in the furtherance of the University’s Mission Statement and Strategic Plan and in the effective utilization of University resources
- Serve as the chief advisor to the Rector on strategic matters related to planning and educational services issues and other administrative concerns of the University
- Coordinate the development of diaspora and alumni and private sector relations
- Promote and implement the University’s policies on equal opportunities
- Perform other related tasks and related responsibilities as assigned by the Rector
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Ph.D and a full Professor of a recognized university, with fifteen (15) years of post-graduate experience in one of the thematic fields of the PAU of which seven (7) years at a senior academic leadership position, and a minimum of 2 years as Dean in a recognized university;
- Having held the administrative positions of Vice Rector/ Deputy Vice Chancellor within a university will be an added advantage
- The candidate must have a prominent academic profile with evidence of high quality research work in the course of his/her career.
- Highly conversant in the cultures and changing landscapes of higher education internationally
- Working knowledge of policy analysis and development and programme/project management, implementation and monitoring;
- Strong background of research and publications, a prominent profile in the relevant academic community and a proven record of effective leadership and management experience at a senior level in an academic/research institution
- Experience in fund-raising for international projects
- Uses strong managerial and supervisory skills to achieve documented objectives.
- Engages in effective delegation and follow up to ensure results.
- Uses tact and political savvy in negotiating.
- Makes informed decisions and communicates decisions effectively.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to collaborate with others to achieve outcomes.
- Utilizes strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Respect for Diversity:
- Works effectively with people from various backgrounds.
- Treats all people with dignity and respect. Treats men and women equally.
- Shows respect and understanding of diverse points of view and demonstrates it in decision-making.
- Examines own biases and behaviors to avoid stereotypical responses and does not discriminate against any individual or group.
- Creates an environment where respect for diversity is embedded in behaviors, systems and processes.
Working with Others:
- Collaborates effectively with top level stakeholders i.e. the Commission and Senior Management Group. Able to persuade, guide and advise top level stakeholders.
- Able to effectively collaborate with stakeholders and partners.
- Leads discussions and negotiations on behalf of the Commission on human resources issues.
- Creates a culture where knowledge sharing and effective collaboration is encouraged.
Vision and Strategic Thinking:
- Identifies key strategic issues, opportunities and risks.
- Clearly communicate links between the organization’s strategy and the DirectorateÛªs goals.
- Establish/identify and communicate broad and compelling organizational direction.
- Identifies clients’ needs and appropriate solutions.
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships.
- Communicates orally with strong interpersonal skills.
- Expresses ideas and formulates plans by means of clear and effective writing and oral presentations.
- Drafts conceptual and detailed reports/papers and reviews/edits the work of others.
- Prepares rationale with respect to key financial and administrative decisions.
- Negotiates effectively.
- Leads and gains the assistance and cooperation of others in a team endeavor.
- Builds trust through integrity, transparency and creating an open and positive environment.
- Fosters harmonious and effective teamwork in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Performs and relates effectively across organizational boundaries in a diverse multi-national and multicultural setting.
- Keeps abreast of available technology and understands its applicability to the work of the Organization
- Actively seeks, identifies and applies appropriate technology to improve programme delivery.
- Delegates the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority.
- Establishes clear roles and reporting lines for staff.
- Monitors progress against establish milestones
- Discuss performance and provide feedback and appraise performance fairly
- Strategic Perspective
- Developing Others
- Change Management
- Building Relationships
- Communicating with impact
- Functional Competencies
- Fosters Innovation
Enure of Appointment:
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 61,023.00 (P6 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (48% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
*Vice Rector jobs in Nigeria
*Administrative / Management jobs in Not specified
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online
*Administrative / Management jobs in Nigeria