African Development Bank’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Vice President, People and Talent Management, PTVP jobs in Not specified
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : July 09, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Location: Abidjan, Cªte d’Ivoire
Position Grade: EL3
Position Number: 50106664
The (new) People and Talent Management Complex (PTVP), will retain overall responsibility for attracting, developing, motivating and retaining a strong complement of professionals, support staff and contingent staff to deliver the business of the Bank into the future. The PTVP is responsible for ensuring effective systems and controls in HR administration from hire to retirement. The PTVP is also responsible for the effective administration of the Bank’s benefit plans (medical and staff retirement) and ensuring the financial sustainability of these plans.
The Vice-President, People and Talent Management reports to, and supports the President in ensuring the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented people management functions and services for overall institutional effectiveness.
The incumbent will lead the establishment of this new Complex and spearhead the effort to promote human resources policies that enhance talent, drive a performance-driven culture, and ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as an employer of choice. Under the direction of the President and within the context of the People Strategy of the Bank, s/he will drive a new corporate culture that rewards creativity and innovation, attracts development talent and retains a world-class workforce across the Bank.
The Vice President will lead a professional HR team to maintain and drive change throughout the Bank, while leading the delivery of the Bank’s People Strategy (PS25), of which the current iteration remains valid through 2025. As a key member of the senior leadership team, the Vice President, People and Talent Management will lead the deployment of HR functions across the Bank, ensuring that HR processes and practice are aligned with the Bank’s strategic business objectives.
The Vice President, People and Talent Management, through several dedicated teams, will support the organization by recruiting and developing talented professionals, growing performance capability, providing best practices in talent management and contributing to higher levels of employee engagement. These will ensure the building of organizational capabilities for delivering the Bank’s strategic business agenda and retaining the competitiveness of the Bank as the leading MDB on the continent.
In so doing, this Vice Presidency will directly oversee the unit responsible for administering benefit plans (Staff Retirement Plan and the Medical Plan) as well as three dynamic HR Departments. The first of these will be focusing on interfacing directly with staff clients through integrated Client Services to internal and external stakeholders (through HR Operations, Recruitment and Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partnering, and Staff Engagement initiatives).
The second team hosts the HR Centers of Expertise focusing on Talent, Performance and Staff Development, and will be responsible for developing insights, programs and policies in the areas of Performance Management, Staff Recognition, Careers, Learning and Staff Development.
The third team will host Staff Welfare Services and the various elements of Employment Policy (Reward & Compensation, Employment Policy and Program Management), as well as the Medical Services & Staff Welfare Unit.
Under the overall supervision of the President (PRST) and in close consultation with the Senior Vice President (SVP), the Vice President, People and Talent Management will be responsible for contributing to the Bank’s goals, success and development impact by:
- Supporting the President in the implementation of bold institutional reforms and change management programs, based on the DBDM and the Ten Year Strategy (TYS), to make the Bank a high-performing organization.
- Providing leadership and direction to management in the implementation of institutional and HR reforms that establish appropriate linkages with the operational strategy of the Bank.
- Advising senior management on the vision and strategic framework for the management of its human resources, and the supporting policies and practices, in order to make the most effective use of Bank staff; driving change management programs and effective culture changes that are required to ensure the success and sustainability of the organisation.
- Ensuring that institutional resources and commitment are mobilized towards the full implementation of the People Strategy (2021 2025), the full complement of HR-related ADF and GCI-7 commitments, the relevant HR Action Plan and related operational anchors such as the Gender and Fragility strategies. Support the optimal deployment of Bank resources to develop regional business delivery units that will grow and solidify the regional footprint of the Bank in line with its business and income trajectory.
- Providing leadership in the development of Bank Group’s human resources policies, rules, regulations, norms and standards; ensuring their successful dissemination across the Bank and alignment to international practice and legal requirements.
- Formulating and recommending human resources policies and programs in line with the Bank’s strategies and priorities, in the different aspects of Human Resources Management, including institutional capacity building; career development; staff mobility; performance management, compensation and benefits management, and employee health and well-being. Establish and implement a rigorous performance-based culture within the Bank, with transparent and merit-based systems for career progression (including appointments, promotions and strategic reassignments).
- Collaborating with other stakeholders in the Bank (Ethics, Staff Council, Ombudsman, etc.) to build and foster the right Culture, employee brand and employee value proposition across the Bank’s workforce, regardless of location, and particularly within the context of a virtual/hybrid workforce in the future. Provide leadership to drive an institutional culture that fosters staff creativity, innovation, participation, shared values and inclusiveness, with special attention to gender balance.
- Promoting a focused and team-based culture to ensure consistent service and delivery across the Complex, in dealing with internal and external stakeholders and partners. Manage and supervise HR Directors and Managers, supporting them to achieve strategic and operational goals within a cohesive team environment.
- Planning and supervising targeted programs around human resources planning, recruitment, performance management, career development, compensation and benefits, with measures to ensure a robust risk management approach to HR, including the resolution of adverse audit findings.
- Ensuring that appropriate systems for performance management and talent development, communications, quality measures, monitoring and review are in place to support organizational change, culture and values.
- Planning, organizing, and coordinating the Complex’s work plan and related (budget) resource planning and utilization; assign projects and programmatic responsibilities; review and evaluate work methods and procedures; engage staff to identify, prevent and/or resolve problems. Drive cost efficiencies and value for money in the use of all corporate resources, and ensure transparency, fairness and equity in the application and administration of all human resource policies, rules and regulations.
Principal accountabilities of the function
- Lead the execution of the Complex work program and budget, for each of the component Departments and Units within the Complex. Evaluate the performance of direct and indirect reports in terms of successful delivery of the work program and budget.
- Lead the development of policies, guidelines and processes for the full delivery of the Ten-Year Strategy and the People Strategy. Drive work and delivery of a realigned Complex for implementation of the new operating model. Oversee the application of the ñOne Bankî approach in the provision of human resources support and impact across the institution.
- Collaborate with CAHR and other relevant Board Committees to ensure the timely delivery and submission of key strategies and policies to Board organs and the Board for approval and implementation.
- Provide leadership and oversight for implementation of the People Strategy (PS25). Ensure effective implementation of the strategy with emphasis on gender mainstreaming and other diversity goals.
- Lead and provide oversight for key organizational committees. Report before the committees on behalf of Senior Management.
- Work with other Vice Presidents and Complexes to ensure effective buy-in for all initiatives piloted by PTVP. Liaise effectively with peer VPs for successful rollout and sustainability of such initiatives. Articulate PTVP-driven corporate strategies and policies through effective written and oral communication.
- Lead the change management function in the Bank. Support the President and Senior Management by providing holistic advice as and when required.
COMPETENCIES (skills, experience and knowledge required for success)
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Strategic Management, Human Resources Management, Finance, Law, or related discipline;
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years’ relevant experience in leading Human Resource development and institutional reforms in any large multinational finance institution, or public or private organization, the last ten (10) years of which should have been at a senior management level;
- Excellent knowledge of multilateral and bilateral development finance institutions’ policies, guidelines and procedures, especially with respect to human resources and administration. Demonstrated ability to manage complex institutional arrangements in a high performing organization;
- Experience working in large, multicultural organizations in the public or private sector with a diverse workforce, with demonstrated sensitivity to diverse concerns of staff, management and Boards of Directors;
- Proven intellectual leadership in managing and maintaining an efficient, ethical and transparent working environment in an international financial/banking organization;
- Established reputation and track record of exceptional delivery, innovation and change management competence in at least three of the focus areas of the role; an established reputation for successfully delivering on change management within a large international organization;
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with oversight bodies such as multi-national Boards of Executive Directors and Governors and other senior government officials;
- Ability to think strategically and design long-term plans and programs to develop staff in line with the strategic priorities of the people function in the Bank;
- Ability to inspire, generate and sustain staff commitment and professional excellence; ability to manage a highly diverse work force, ensure gender balance, and develop a work environment that fosters team work and flexible hiring policies that attract and retain top talent;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (written and oral) in English and/or French, with a solid working knowledge of the other;
- Capacity to effectively use social media platforms (blogs, mini-blogs, vlogs, etc.) to engage with staff and other internal/external stakeholders.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online