University of Ilorin’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Vice-Chancellor jobs in Kwara
Job Location : Kwara
Deadline : May 16, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- The Council of the University of Ilorin hereby announces to the general academic community that the post of Vice-Chancellor of the University will be vacant with effect from 16th October, 2022.
- In accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act No. 11 of 1993, as amended by Act No. 25 of 1996 and The Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act 2012, the Council has decided to commence in earnest the due process of appointing a new Vice-Chancellor.
- Consequently, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall, in line with the Act establishing the University, be the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University and shall exercise general supervision over the University.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall be Ex-Officio Chairman of Senate, Congregation and a member of the University Governing Council.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall be responsible to the Council for the day-to-day management of the human, financial and material resources of the University.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the post of the Vice-Chancellor, University of Ilorin, shall:
- Be a distinguished Professor of not less than 10 years as at 16th October, 2022 in one of the disciplines offered by the University of Ilorin;
- Have demonstrable and astute managerial abilities to maintain the peace, inclusiveness and academic stability for which the University is reputed;
- Be a scholar of outstanding national and international repute, with proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT),and have considerable experience at top levels of University Administration;
- Be a Professor with a track record of teaching, research and community service;
- Be a person of entrepreneurial and innovative pre-disposition, with a proven track record appropriate to the vision and mission of a first class University;
- Be a person endowed with strong character and ability to give courageous and effective leadership;
- Be a person capable of inspiring the advancement of learning and reaching out to all persons;
- Be of a sound health, pleasant disposition, unassailable integrity and strong moral character for inspiring and maintaining moral discipline among staff and students; and
- Have proven ability to initiate contacts and funding from national and international sources.
- Note: All claims shall be verifiable with evidences.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment shall be for one term of five years only, while salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved for Vice-Chancellors of Federal Universities by the Federal Government and the Council.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward thirty (30) copies of signed Curriculum Vitae and an electronic CD copy in PDF format, clearly labelled, which must contain:
- Full Names
- Date of Birth
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address including e-mail address and Telephone contact
- Marital Status
- Number of Children (With Dates of births)
- Institutions Attended (With Dates)
- Academic Qualifications (With Dates)
- Professional Qualifications (With Dates)
- Honours, Distinctions and Membership of Learned Societies and Professional bodies
- Publications, discoveries and/or inventions (giving all relevant details)
- Work experience in the University system (giving names of institution(s) and dates)
- Details of administrative and managerial experience in the University system, as well as fund attraction, with evidence
- Specific services to local, national, international communities and organisations (giving dates, institutions/establishments and status)
- Present Employment: Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra-Curricular activities: and
- Names and Addresses of three Referees (one of whom must, where appropriate, be the head of the establishment where the applicant currently works).
Application should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top left corner, ñApplication for the Post of Vice-Chancellorî to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Ilorin,
P.M.B. 1515, Ilorin,
Statement of Vision
- Applicants are required to submit along with their applications, 30 hard copies and a soft copy of a statement of the candidate’s vision for the University in the next five years in not more than 1,000 words and not less than 600 words.