About Vesselnet Integrated Services Limited’s Job offer
Job title : Senior Solar Engineer
Quick Recommended Links
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Operations – Solar, the Solar Engineer will take on a central coordination and delivery role relating to Vesselnet’ s engineering services. As well as the current service offerings listed above, the Solar Engineer will also be expected to seek, develop and justify the deployment of new and emerging technological advances in Solar PV.
This is a new role with Vesselnet and due to the lean and dynamic nature of our team, the Solar Engineer will also be required to support the O&M side of the business (Cover for technician duties, string testing, IV-Curve testing etc.) Ideally will hold or will be working towards gaining a formal high voltage qualification to provide strength in depth in the Vesselnet team. An exciting and dynamic role with great prospects for role and career development.
- Degree or HND in relevant engineering or technical discipline
- 5 years + experience in the solar industry
- Ability to organize and prioritize their own time and schedule
- Perfect communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, Outlook)
- Solar Design capabilities
- Experience of inverter maintenance
- Experience of HV systems and maintenance (ideally HVAP1 trained or above)
- Able to travel to multiple sites around the NIGERIA, with occasional nights away from home
- A passion for solar PV and a desire to develop new services in the solar market utilizing new innovative technology.
- Designs on-grid and off-grid solar PV systems including embedded systems, off-grid stand-alone systems, mini-grids for off-grid clients and communities, microgrids for commercial and industrial clients, large megawatt scale solar farms and systems that integrate with existing energy equipment.
- Simulation of project sites via AutoCAD
- Ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer
- requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technical drawings or topographical maps.
- Models, monitors and reports PV systems output performance.
- Develops cost estimates of PV plants that include all aspects of the project cycle.
- Builds relationships with strategic equipment suppliers, providing technical data for project
- proposals, reports, and technical documents to support business development teams.
- Keeps abreast of latest technological developments in the field of solar energy and
- identifies new products that meet clients’/customers’ needs.
- Specifies and advises on monitoring and display solutions, circuit and surge protection devices.
- Participates in project deployments, monitoring, inspection, and debugging activities of key test sites
How to Apply for this Offer
Applicants should send CVs to email@example.com using the job title as subject of the mail