About US Embassy’s Job offer
Job title : Auto Mechanic Foreman Assistant
Quick Recommended Links
Announcement Number: Lagos-2021-014
Series / Grade: LE – 1020 6
Promotion Potential: LE-6
Work Schedule: Full-time – 48 hour per week
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and / or clearances / certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Under the direct supervision of the Auto Mechanic Foreman, the incumbent provides technical guidance and reviews work performed by the auto mechanic, auto electricians and boat mechanics to ensure the proper completion of all the work orders.
- Provides services to all official diesel / gasoline operated cares, trucks, boats, tractors and forklifts.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Experience: Two years of journeyman automotive mechanic experience, working on American vehicles / engines is required.
- Job Knowledge: Must have good knowledge of standard procedures and regulations, as well as journeyman automotive trade knowledge.
- Completion of elementary school is required. Vocational training or apprenticeship recognized as producing journeyman automotive mechanic skills or equivalent is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Language: Good working knowledge Speaking / Reading / Writing English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have good communication skills and be familiar with Word, Excel, Internet, and email.
- Must have a valid Nigerian drivers’ license to operate cars, trucks, buses, and other vehicles as needed.
- Must posses strong leadership skill with the ability to lift 30lbs weight manually.
- Weights above 30 lbs should be operated with aid of machine.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
Who May Apply / Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 08. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- Only one Open-to category should remain:
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
NGN 5,800,916 / USD $34,021 yearly.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here