Concept Group’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Underwriting Fraud Analyst
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : September 02, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- The Underwriting Fraud Analyst will largely be responsible for monitoring, avoiding and mitigating risk to ensure that the organization is not exposed to fraud.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interacts with members as needed who are reporting fraudulent activity.
- Reviews suspicious accounts for potential fraud.
- Reviews suspicious documentation submitted for both new transactions and loans.
- Review and Process all consumer statements on credit bureaus.
- Assist the Compliance department in compiling relevant information and narrative to make the determination if needed.
- Analyzes and conducts investigations of potentially fraudulent activity, to ensure minimal loss to the organization.
- Coordinates cross-functional communication, to resolve fraud situations and provides recommendations to resolve fraud.
- Collaborates with the internal audit department to monitor the underwriting activities, prevent and mitigate risks and potential losses.
- Maintains the fraud analytics database, tracks fraud trends and statuses of various types of fraud.
- Periodically train and educate the underwriting team to identify and respond to potential fraud trends and situations.
- Develop, build and prioritize risk into classes
- Compiles various reports for management, to update the status of current investigations, and necessary actions needed to either mitigate.
- Develops, maintains, and implements policies/procedures to detect and prevent fraudulent activity.
- Assists the internal audit and compliance analyst in investigating suspicious activity on account.
- B.Sc in Finance, Accounting or any relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience, preferably in the financial sector
- Certified fraud/risk expert
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS principles and changes.
- Ability to effectively lead and direct a team and drive developed strategies.