Citi’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : TTS Client Operations Head Nigeria jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : July 21, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
You’ll have strong communication, planning and organizational skills which will benefit you and the team. Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information everyday which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity
The position covers TTS Client Operations and will be responsible for leading & managing approx.100+ Staff.
The holder of this job will be a member of the MEA TTS CO Leadership Team, the Nigeria Franchise Management team and will interact with various business seniors at country, cluster and regional level.
The position will include oversight of all TTS Client operations in the Nigeria Franchise including processes outsourced to the hubs.
- Leadership and Management of all functions within TTS CO.
- Responsible for performance and development of all department/unit heads within Nigeria TTS CO, ensuring the focus on resource / capacity management, people development and team building to prepare successful pipelines for their functions/products.
- Accountable for working with all department/unit heads, team leaders and employees in TTS CO areas as well as non-TTS CO areas to ensure successful Regulatory and Audit reviews within the Nigeria Franchise, ensuring full Compliance with local policies and regulations.
- Maintaining close and successful interaction with local Regulators, Central Bank, Governments and Auditors
- Develop, manage and sustain Operations and Service in the Nigeria Franchise aligned with the business objectives and strategies.
- Maintain robust and complete oversight and ongoing monitoring of all core processes done in-country or that are outsourced or offshored.
- Responsible for identifying issues and resolving them proactively, resolving escalations within Nigeria Franchise to ensure safety & soundness as well as high quality of services and client experience.
- Driving expense budget and other financials and metrics for TTS CO to achieve strategic targets set
- Will be responsible to develop and foster a robust, highly control focused environment. Will also be responsible for ensuring that full end to end knowledge of processes and overall impact to our clients is understood throughout the group, to enable a control and result focused outlook
- Collaborate with peers and country management in designing and implementing programs to improve client satisfaction, operational efficiency and team effectiveness
Job Background / Context:
Country TTS Client Operations is a function incorporating various sub functions viz. ASO, P&R, Service, Trade, Commercial Cards and DCS The population is approx.100 people with a direct expense budget of approximately $6MM and supporting an annual revenue base approx. $163MM.
The function provides the leadership to ensure that;
- Nigeria Franchise and its leadership receives the support and partnership that is required to deliver its goals and strategies.
- TTS CO in the Nigeria Franchise delivers effective, productive and safer services at a competitive cost and in a manner that is consistent with supervisory requirements, Citi’s policies and local regulations.
- Global and regional strategies pertaining to TTS CO are implemented in the country.
- Regulatory engagement / interactions in a complex environment which mandates for the TTS CO Head to be actively involved in all local regulatory relationships, risk management and internal controls to ensure compliance with all Regulatory requirements in the Country
- Foster active engagement with clients and ensure quality service delivery / advocacy for overall positive client experience
Nigeria TTS CO works on an outsourced model and is primarily outsourced into different CSCs (like Poland, Hungary, Ireland, India) and other 3rd party service providers.
- Effectively leading and managing all TTS CO functions/in-country coordination of Ops, Tech and any shared services.
- Manage close working relationship with all Nigeria franchise business and product partners to provide direction from TTS CO perspective, to ensure adequate operational support across the franchise, in line with business strategy & objectives and with EMEA O&T goals.
- Manage effective relationships with local market partners / institutions (e.g. Regulators, Governments, Cash Clearing house, Central Bank, Securities Clearing and settlement etc) and participate in professional forums (local Banks Associations), in TTS CO related strategic discussions and programs /projects implementation locally.
- Accountable for delivering local Regulatory reporting and the Regulatory control matrix (RCM) including, identifying and implementing all changes to laws/new regulatory requirements related to business area and that the branches are run within legal and regulatory guidelines, including internal policies and procedures.
- Support the delivery of high quality customer service through efficient processes and platforms that are reflected in high client satisfaction.Drive the digitization & Client empowerment agenda
- Accountable for the delivery of TTS CO initiatives /projects and active contribution to business driven projects.
- Ensuring that both local and outsourced processes are well controlled, ensuring safety and soundness of the country operations in partnership with regional teams, EMEA CSCs and service providers. Coordinate outsourced / offshored services from a control, quality and cost perspective in line with Outsourcing Governance Policy & Regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a strong control and compliance environment, focus to reduce operational risk; management of the O&T GRC; satisfactory audit ratings and contribution to successful audits for franchise and partner businesses; identification and addressing TTS CO issues timely and completely through CAPs.
- Active participation in Country governance committees, where relevant and applicable, such as (but not limited to) BRCC, Third Party, CCC and proactively escalate any potential franchise issues.
- Managing Production Support oversight to a high standard.
- Train and develop the team to build a team of high morale, ethics and professionalism; focus on talent development and retention, engagement, diversity, proper capacity in line with business needs; create a working environment of meritocracy and team spirit that can be measured through VOE results. Ensure effective management and coordinate TTS CO to meet business needs and capacity requirements
- Leading and guiding the efforts of team in the country in exploring and developing key best practice themes within TTS CO such as straight-through-processing, outsourcing, leveraging organizational resources within and outside TTS CO to drive and implement those themes.
- Accountable for minimising operating losses & Potential Loss events through proactive issue identification and mitigation.
- Actively review financials, support country financial and resource goals and actively deliver on TTS CO expenses and FTE within budget.
- Define an effective Crisis Management and ensure that the COB plan is timely maintained and tested
- Accountable for addressing and resolving escalations from the market in Nigeria
- Development of the succession planning for their successor and their two downs.
- Responsible for cascading of communications from regional and Country franchise heads to the TTS CO team making sure there is awareness and countries are well informed. Also supporting escalating needs of the countries to regional partners
- Maintain extensive accountability from a legal vehicle and country TTS CO perspective
- Work closely with Regional & Cluster leads to ensure alignment of both local and regional strategies for both businesses and functions.
- Responsible for alignment and local execution of Global / Regional initiatives
- Create and lead a metric driven Client Operations unit
With primary responsibility for oversight of Nigeria TTS CO fields, other support services and hub-like activities, the job provides a significant potential to gain & improve people management, team building, strategic thinking, problem solving skills as well as in-depth knowledge of products/processes, technology, support services, widen managerial breadth and interface with the senior management of the franchise, MEA Cluster and EMEA TTS CO regional level. It will also give an opportunity to closely interact with senior management in a challenging environment as well as develop interpersonal and managerial skills.
- In-depth knowledge of operations policies and procedures
- Experience in Country TTS CO function roles or in a similar scale role.
- Superior skills to continually measure, enhance and optimize operations related functions
- Ability to fully comprehend and impact the ïfull picture’ along with other key players in other functional areas and Country Franchise
- Very good knowledge of core Citi Systems
- Excellent knowledge of internal Compliance requirements and MCA/GRC process
- Experience in budget management
- Knowledge of Continuity of Business process
- Excellent people management and leadership skills to manage diverse teams
- Negotiation and strong influencing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytic thinking and problem solving
- Coaching and training
- Teamwork and ability to motivate
- Strong Risk & Control awareness and knowledge of control practices
- Fluency in spoken and written English)
- Min 1st degree or equivalent in any disciplineplus arelevant higher degree or professional qualification.
- Minimum of 15 years post graduation; minimum of 12-years banking experience + 2 yrs.as Deputy General Manager (Vice President) with experience in at least three (3) areas of banking operations.
- A Minimum of 8/10 years in O&T / Operations & Service
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online