2 weeks ago
Job title : Treasury and Receivables Account Officer
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 30, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
The Account Officer – Treasury and Receivables will be responsible for reviewing and keeping track of budgets within the organization, collect, deposit, and keep track of funds, write cheques, and provide
financial reports. The Account Officer is also responsible for reconciling bank statements, sales invoices and the related shipping documents.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, cashflow and record keeping
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software (ERP) Odoo.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Excellent organizational skills regarding documentation and file or record-keeping
- Exceptional ability to communicate complex financial information
- Problem-solving and Critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal and visual financial reporting skills
- Substantial value for ethics and trustworthy operations
- Management of Company bank account
- Ensure the efficient management of the company’s bank accounts.
- Ensure the company’s banking operations; seeing to it that all
- funds are appropriately banked ensuring efficiency and returns.
- Carry out Bank Reconciliation Statements of all our bank transactions.
- Ensure conformity of company’ bank account with IFR
- Standards. Reconciling of bank statements against the GL, and clearing accounts assigned
Cash and Cashflow
- Collate all approved payments, and prepare daily, weekly, and monthly
- Cash Plans and communicate the cash for
- Management decision-making.
- Communicate the Cash Plans to the prospective units to manage communication with the vendors
- Take care of the cash management system of the company and their payment mechanism
- Petty Cash Management & Cash Management
- Maintain petty cash funds and track all the disbursements.
- Ensure timely posting of the disbursement into the ERP.
- Track staff cash advance and ensure retirement within 48 hours, hence, communicate deduction to HR for the number of defaults at the official rate per day of default.
- Loan Management
- Get all the details and covenants on the loan documented to ensure we are meeting the conditions and also the repayment
- Maintain the loan schedule to capture the principal repayment and the accrued interest.
- Loan profitability
- Create a plan from the cashflow to put aside the loan amounts at least 1 month before its due
- Responsible for interest and debt analysis, with the provision of relevant information and report NXPs
- Prepare NXPs and follow through to completion of the shipment process
- Manage the NXP balances with the banks.
- Ensure the inflows are matched to close out the NXP balances
- Keep track of the dates and status of the NXPs. Where an NXP was not used, write to the bank to extend the dates.
- Regulatory Compliance
- Ensure treasury regulations are in compliance with established standards
- Ensure robust and efficient tax planning and filing with the relevant bodies
- Responsible for following up on financial proceedings, and ensuring tasks are completed on schedule.
- Practice confidentiality and abide by local, state, and federal financial laws and regulations.
- Maintain and manage all financial records, spreadsheets, and registers
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Salary Range 200,000 to 350,000
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Treasury and Receivables Account Officer jobs