Travis Bar’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Accountant
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : April 16, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
- Ensuring the accuracy of financial documents, as well as their compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Preparing and maintaining important financial reports
- Preparing tax returns and ensuring that taxes are paid properly and on time
- Evaluating financial operations to recommend best-practices, identify issues and strategize solutions, and help organizations run efficiently
- Offering guidance on cost reduction, revenue enhancement, and profit maximization
- Conducting forecasting and risk analysis assessments
Additionally, accountants have a legal obligation to act honestly and avoid negligence in their practices. As such, they are also responsible for ensuring that their clients’ financial records are compliant with the relevant laws and regulations.
There are several skills that all accountants need in order to be successful in their roles. Some of the most important skills for accountants are:
- Attention to detail: Accounting professionals must pay strong attention to detail in order to be able to keep information accurate and organized. With the amount of financial data that must be analyzed, it can be easy to make mistakes; however, simple errors can translate into much larger problems if they are not caught.
- Business acumen: To be effective in this role, an accountant must understand the basic functions of a business in order to accurately analyze and interpret financial data. Having a solid foundation in business provides context to the financial information that accountants work with on a daily basis.
- Computer literacy: Professionals in this field need to be able to use advanced accounting software and other computer-based tools to work effectively. Must be familiar with ERP software Sage, Wave and others. Must also have good skills with Microsoft Excell
- Analytical skills: Collecting and analyzing financial data is a large part of accounting and is an important aspect of identifying patterns and potential issues. Therefore the candidate must be able to calculate sales profits, manage pilfering amongst other issues.
- Communication skills: The candidate applying must be able to listen carefully in order to accurately gather facts and figures from clients, managers, or other stakeholders. They must also be able to clearly articulate the results of their work and present their findings in written reports.