Job title : Training / Capacity Building Manager
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : March 08, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Project Manager, Capacity building, will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of all capacity-building activities throughout the project implementation.
- He / she will, through a needs analysis, identify and design the capacity-building strategy, tools, and actions (training, seminars, etc.)
- Utilize various tools and techniques to conduct in-depth needs assessment and identify capacity gaps among project targets.
- Develop a robust capacity-building strategy for the project based on the needs assessment and project objectives.
- Design and coordinate all activities related to the development of training programs, workshops, seminars, and other capacity-building initiatives for project stakeholders.
- Oversee the delivery of capacity-building activities, including scheduling, logistics, and coordination with trainers and participants.
- Build and manage relationships with relevant project stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure effective capacity-building interventions.
- Work with relevant project team members to develop monitoring and evaluation frameworks aimed at assessing the impact and effectiveness of capacity-building actions.
- Managing resources, budgets, and timelines for all capacity-building activities.
- Documenting and reporting on capacity-building outcomes and progress to project stakeholders.
- Stay updated on best practices and emerging trends in capacity-building within the agricultural sector.
- B.Sc or Master’s Degree in a relevant field such as International Development, Agricultural Extension, Education, Development Studies, or a related discipline.
- At least five years of experience assessing capacity gaps and facilitating the design and implementation of capacity-building programs, preferably within the agriculture and rural development sector.
- Ability to assess capacity gaps and design tailored capacity-building initiatives.
- Excellent project management skills are essential to ensure timely and successful implementation of capacity-building activities.
- Strong knowledge of capacity-building methodologies, adult learning principles, and training program design.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with the project’s diverse partners.
- Strong organizational management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks, adhere to tight deadlines, and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and the ability to draw insights from data and develop recommendations.
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation frameworks and tool
- Knowledge of the agricultural sector, particularly in the context of smallholder farmers and mechanization interventions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a cover letter explaining their relevant experience and why they are the best fit for this position to email@example.com
- Administrative / Management jobs
- Training / Capacity Building Manager jobs