About The Institute of Directors Centre for Corporate Governance’s Job offer
Job title : Head, CG Advisory, Research & Publications (Senior Manager Position)
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 2, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Summary of Functions
The Head, CG Advisory, Research & Publications will be responsible for developing content for the Centre’s Corporate Governance services; providing sustainable high-quality research, research funding and regular publications that contribute to the Centre’s objectives of advocacy, inculcation and acculturation of the core principles of good corporate governance in Nigeria. The person will also double as the Board Secretary; Duties and activity expectations include but are not limited ability to:
- Conceptualise, undertake and publish policy-relevant research on training/development and corporate governance, ethics, anti-corruption compliance, regulations and other related issues.
- Develop contents for the Centre’s various Corporate Governance Services i.e. Board Evaluation, Corporate Governance Evaluation/Audit, Board Induction etc.
- Work with the Head, Programmes and Membership Marketing to conceptualise workshops/trainings/courses/certifications as research may inform as well as corporate governance research and publications for the benefit of the Centre and its stakeholders especially members.
- Provide full board support to the Centre’s Board of Governors including creation of agendas, collation and distribution of board packs, management of board meetings including, producing detailed board minutes etc.
- Participate in the development of the Corporate Governance policies and procedures framework, as well as in-dept knowledge on Board Evaluation, that will allow the Centre to effectively meet its objectives and targets.
- Build the Centre’s reputation as a source of credible research and evidence-based advocacy in corporate governance and related fields.
- Seek collaborations with private sector/international organisations for research and forum.
- Source research grants for the furtherance of the Centre’s research activities.
- Quarterly publications, special sectoral reports, magazines and newsletters.
- Conceptualise and develop the Centre’s Library (Including e-library), seek book and resource donations by foreign and/or local organisation/publishers.
- Develop and drive the Centre’s e-platforms and its e-publications.
Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Law or other relevant fields.
Professional Qualification: Relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage
Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in the corporate experience, of which at least 2 years in a managerial capacity in the design of a corporate governance framework, board evaluation and development of a delegation of authority matrix.
Functional Skills & Specific Knowledge
- Solid knowledge of corporate governance practices.
- Strong understanding of database structures, reporting tools and computer systems
- Should have good organizational and planning abilities including the ability to deal with/work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to initiate/develop research and training ideas and write convincing proposals.
- Should have strong analytical/problem solving and quantitative abilities.
- Should be able to communicate effectively and have excellent negotiation skills.
- Should have excellent presentation skills.
- Should have strong positive influencing skills.