4 weeks ago
Sharing this job is caring.
Quick Recommended Links
About The Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation’s Job offer
Job title : Human Resources for Health (HRH) Specialist
Quick Recommended Links
- The HRH Specialist will be a thought leader with a broad range of experience and expertise who can efficiently manage their work, exercise discretion, and deliver results with aggressive timelines.
- (S)he will oversee the HRH aspect of projects and provide technical leadership and facilitation, team and project management, research, knowledge management and communication.
- The overall goal is to ensure maximum impact results and guarantee excellent relationships with federal and state government and donors.
Dutes and Responsibilities
- Identify and develop key relationships with stakeholders in the health sector, government, and donors.
- Provide technical support to the Federal and State government and relevant agencies in all aspects of human resources for health.
- Serve as a liaison for stakeholders in the targeted states.
- Maintain a database of stakeholder contact information.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings, conferences, and forums relevant to financial management in health, including budget planning and review processes, state and partner work planning with donors.
- Lead the creation and implementation of HRH studies, assessments, and knowledge-generation activities designed to identify specific interventions applicable to the target states.
- Implement priority interventions, the scope of work and activities in the PHC MOU to strengthen HRH management and planning.
- Research, identify and propose retention strategies, governance, and policy initiatives for health worker shortages in target states.
- Manage the HRIS system to track data and provide insights into policies and initiatives in target states.
- Develop and conduct new programs and other initiatives with approval from the Director of HSS.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned and/or required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, or its international equivalent or higher in Public Health, Health Systems, Organizational Development, Social Sciences, or other relevant field preferred, a Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Five years’ experience in designing and implementing health systems strengthening programs and HRH activities focused on improving healthcare quality and healthcare workers’ retention.
- Proven cultural, social, and political sensitivity of working in Nigeria with different levels of government, donors, and non-profit sectors.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates Should Click here