Job title : Telecommunications Expert
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : September 29, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Description and Objectives
The Telecommunications Expert is required to support the mapping of telecommunication access across Lagos State. The mapping aims to elucidate the status of telecommunication access in Lagos and its potential to support various technology options to improve health service uptake and inform the broader PHC digitalization optimization strategy in Lagos state.
- Lead the mapping of telecommunication stakeholders in Lagos State;
- Facilitate access to key telecommunication stakeholders across agencies, and ministries such as Lagos State Ministry of Science and Technology, Nigeria Communication Commission;
- Facilitate ethical access to relevant telecommunication data including available service providers, services provided, available infrastructure, and network performance;
- Support the development of a telecommunication access report including interactive dashboards on access levels across the state;
- Participate in routine technical problem-solving sessions where necessary, with the relevant stakeholders to brainstorm implementation challenges and align on decisions to guide the path forward;
- Prepare monthly/quarterly technical progress reports;
- Ensure program documentation and cleanup of all documents at the close of the program;
- Good technical knowledge of the field of telecommunication including an in-depth understanding of network protocols, telecommunication equipment and infrastructure
- Comprehensive knowledge of telecommunication regulatory compliance;
- Exceptional influencing and stakeholder management skills with a demonstrated ability to engage and collaborate effectively;
- Proficient problem-solving capabilities and outstanding oral and written communication skills, including a proven aptitude for report development;
- Compelling evidence of interest in and commitment to the mission of SCIDaR;
- Demonstrated strong strategic thinking and thought leadership abilities;
- Advanced computer usage skills with proficiency in Microsoft? Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Fast learner, open to learning from peers, subordinates, and supervisors collaboratively and at a rapid pace;
- Results-oriented performer experienced in developing and tracking self and team with clear KPIs;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of the development of interactive dashboards will be considered an added advantage;
- Experience in data management and analytics is an added advantage.
Education and Experience
Academic training: A minimum of a master’s in telecommunication-related disciplines such as Information Communication Technology, Computer Science, and Network Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of substantial experience in the telecommunication industry;
- A career growth record within the telecommunications sector evidenced by a track record of contributing to, and more recently leading, the achievement of critical and impact corporate goals;
- A track record of successful collaborations with multiple service providers and the Ministry of Communication/Technology in the formulation and execution of telecommunication strategies, and expansion initiatives
- Familiarity with relevant stakeholders in the telecommunications sector, marked by the establishment of robust and enduring relationships.
How to Apply for this Offer
Please apply for the position by sending an updated CV to email@example.com. Kindly state the role in the subject of your email as (Application for Telecommunications Expert) on or before 29 September 2023. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- ICT Jobs in Nigeria jobs
- Telecommunications Expert jobs