Nile University of Nigeria’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Technologist I jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : June 30, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
We are currently looking to engage a highly competent and result-oriented Medical Laboratory Technologist to join our dynamic Team.
- Perform and interpret biochemical tests, appropriate stains, serologic tests, etc., on a wide variety of organisms obtained from various specimen sources such as serum, blood, urine, stool, tissue, etc. which have been requested for any of the following: aerobes, anaerobes, mycobacteria, mycology, parasitology, virology, and serology.
- Perform and interpret specialized tests and examinations including a variety of serological and immunological tests for antigen and antibody detection.
- Investigates problems with equipment, test results, specimens, and/or workflow.
- Perform quality control procedures and maintain such records, resolve discrepancies arising from such tests, and document all corrective measures taken.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment (i.e., blood culture system, Vitek 2 and other automated instruments, etc.).
- Perform and interpret appropriate antibiotic susceptibilities.
- Teach new Technicians, and medical students in microbiologic/serologic procedures and techniques.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Microbiology, Immunology, Biology, or equivalent.
- At least 3 – 5 years of cognate/practical experience in a Medical Laboratory and with good standing in the field of Immunology, Bacteriology, Serology, Parasitology, and Microbiology.
- Knowledge of complex tests requiring the use of pipettors, dilutors, spectrophotometers, and microscopes
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Affiliation with a Professional body
- Must be adept in the use of MS Office Packages
How to Apply for this Offer
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th June 2022.
Please quote the job title as the subject of your e-mail. Your application must include the following:
Your current curriculum vitae (CV) in a Microsoft Word format, saved with your full name.
A Cover Letter explaining how you meet the advertised criteria (also in Microsoft Word format).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted