Talents and Skills Africa’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Technical Support Engineer
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : July 20, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Location: Surulere, Lagos
The Technical/Field Service Engineer provides customer support, repair, testing of all equipment, and performs field service calls and installations as stated below:
Installation & Service support:
- Responsible for the installation of equipment, applications, and getting the final acceptance from the customer.
- Responsible for keeping equipment fully operational.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving issues.
- Monitor and maintain computer networks.
- Prioritizing and managing workflow.
- Respond to customer’s calls, emails and act accordingly regarding issues.
- Maintain good and smooth communication with customers through different channels like phone, email and web.
- Maintaining procedural documents and reports
- Trains customers on the use of equipment and applications.
- Ability to learn and work on changing technologies.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers and other professionals.
- Handles in-house customer repairs
- Promote service replacement parts, service contracts
- Prepare quotations for service issue when the system out of warranty
- Prepare quotations for parts and service contract
- Make sure that communication is clear and trustworthy.
- Generate a report after every visit to the customer to be submitted to your supervisor immediately after each visit
- Report to the management any unresolved problems.
- Responsible for proper training of the customer
- Responsible for being properly trained.
Receivables & Finances:
- Responsible for getting the acceptance documents for final payment
- Provide help to the sales coordinator to collect any remaining funds.
- Responsible for cost reduction by optimizing travel itinerary, and time reduction for installation and repair.
Other issues for Operation:
- Participation on request to technical seminars or shows
- Provide all the necessary information to the sales coordinator to update the customer database.
- Provide all the necessary information to the sales coordinator to update the user list.
- Other duties as assigned.
Educational Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum Required Experience: 2-3 year(s)
- Minimum Qualification: OND / HND / B.Sc qualification in Computer Science, Electrical / Electronics Engineering.
- Ability to work in adverse setting and climatic conditions
- Sound ability to diagnose problems with existing equipment and fixing them
- Ability to interpret technical issues through the non-technical description provided by their customers
- Ability to communicate fluently with the customers and should possess good customer service skills
- Enthusiastic, passionate, patient and should be a critical thinker
- The candidate should possess good logical skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- The candidate should possess a pleasant disposition with the capability to be authoritative when necessary.
- Candidate should have clear and effective oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Candidate should possess thorough knowledge and understanding of principle discipline and peripheral subjects.
- Candidate must have strong coordination, organization, and liaison skills.
- Candidate would manage any kind of technical work at the field even with little supervision.