Job title : Technical Superintendent
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : December 05, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Meet with relevant Vessel Crew on malfunctions in their equipment, Analyze the risk level and determine the best repair option to be deployed with respect to time, Skills needed and material required.
- Follow up on Engineers/Technicians (Internal and External) to ensure all repair jobs are completed without delay or complaint and to the highest standard.
- Prepare dispatch schedules for Engineers/Technicians/Vendors to Vessel maintenance events and review and endorse completed jobs.
- Provide tools, equipment and information necessary in solving all technical issues.
- Advise Management and Procurement functions on all technical related issues.
- Create and Monitor work order to avoid delay in carrying out maintenance events.
- Review and request for all stock spares and follow up with Stores to ensure Spares are available to facilitate optimum vessel availability.
- Prepare quarterly report on Maintenance Performance and recommend improvement areas/requirement on training and other related events
- Initiate and Coordinate all vessel related technical activities and draw out and execute achievable smart plans to accomplish all technical goals in line with business priorities.
- Support, Guide and Direct all technical Crew and Base engineers and implement guidelines to all stakeholders towards having minimal equipment downtime.
- Develop and Drive all preventive maintenance plans as well as Corrective and Predictive procedures.
- Maintain technical competency requirement on all technical positions, identify manpower required and directs training activities to improve subordinate capabilities.
- Maintain equipment maintenance records for warranty and performance review purposes.
- Perform administrative functions such as Technical reporting, Technical and maintenance budgeting and advise management on best technical procurement path.
- Technical review all Contract relating to vessel maintenance and recommend best approach to adopt.
- Planning regular and special surveys/repairs/dry docking in advance with max time and cost benefits for each vessel.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out safely, professionally and in accordance with OEM documented specification.
Qualifications & Person Specification
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Marine Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum experience of 10 years in heavy equipment maintenance, with at least 4 years experience as a Chief Engineer (with a minimum of class 2 certification).
- Practical experience, knowledge and understanding of marine engineering and vessel systems in particular; and knowledge of vessel operation in general.
- Must be knowledgeable on engines, transmission and propel systems, Marine Control systems and basic marine operational environment.
- High degree of inter-personal and supervisory skill.
- Effective Communication Skill (written and spoken English)
- Must be Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft office suite and other related software.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Engineering / Technical jobs
- Technical Superintendent jobs