Job title : Technical Product Manager, West & Central
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 07, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
About the role:
- This role is an exciting career opportunity for a value-motivated innovator with a combination of technical and organizational skills who is passionate about working with off-grid consumers and delivering the next generation of Sun King products.
- The products and services you will build will have a transformative impact for millions of households.
What you would be expected to do
New Product Identification
- Generate, refine and consolidate new product ideas, market research and customer requirements, drawing from relationships across the company, including R&D, sales, marketing, and operations teams.
- Develop customer survey templates, collect feedback, and present to internal stakeholders
- Evaluate current offerings from industry peers, seeking opportunities for differentiation.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction.
- Test prototypes and potential new products to validate its commercial viability. Specify product requirements and feedback for R&D.
New Product Pilots
- Act as the Project Manager to deploy successful pilots, defining the purpose, major deliverables, KPIs, timelines, risks, and roles of internal stakeholders.
- Track and document key pilot project deliverables, including customer engagement, usage habits, product availability, and the weekly number of generated prospects.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure deliverables (selecting pilot areas, inventory readiness, training, etc.) are met on time.
- Carry out Engineering Validation Testing (focusing on the features) and Technical Validation Testing (focusing on integration) and generate a Product Requirements Document (PRD)
- Collect Customer Feedback on the product performance and expectations and present to internal stakeholders.
- Report the progress and results of the pilot through a comprehensive memo or a presentation. Provide insights on lessons learned, recommendations for a successful GTM approach, product design or process changes, if needed.
- Oversee a successful transition from the pilot stage to commercial scale.
New Product Introduction
- Clearly convey the product vision. Translate technical specifications, benefits, differentiation against rivals, and its fit with Sun King to a language customers can appreciate.
- Work with various departments to design a sales and service process for new products and the route to market.
- Assist in the Training and Marketing Teams by reviewing training materials, spec sheets, packaging, and highlighting the Customer Value Proposition (CVP)
- Assist in the development of service requirements for new products, working closely with the After-Sales and Call Center teams to ensure customer service is prepared prior to the product launch.
- Work with the R&D Team to define and implement product iterations and cascade the changes to respective stakeholders.
You might be a strong candidate if you
- Have a Bachelors Degree in product design, engineering, energy systems, the physical sciences, or a related field. Experience in Solar Refrigeration will be an advantage.
- Have minimum 4 years experience as technical Product Manager preferably in the solar industry
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and with the ability to work well on your own, ability to figure things out with innovative thinking, problem-solving skills, and presence of mind.
- Are curious to ideate and expand product offerings in segments complimentary to solar energy, such as clean mobility solutions.
- Have the ability to collect and synthesize user feedback for actionable items.
- Have critical thinking skills: Strong ability to structure problems and drive towards solutions even in ambiguous situations
- Have financial knowledge to quantify economic value propositions and commercial opportunities of new product offerings.
- Have experience in spearheading the expansion of new product lines or segments
- Can execute and manage projects effectively.
- Are Open to travel within the region and possibly to other Sun King markets
- Display excellent communication skills, energy, and the ability to handle obstacles at a rapidly growing organization. You can communicate product choices through the lens of multiple stakeholders.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Administrative / Management jobs
- Technical Product Manager, West & Central jobs