Job title : Technical Manager
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : October 18, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Why does the job exist?
- The management and administration of all technical aspects of the factory.
- Peer Relationships
- Attach organization chart showing manager and direct reports as well as peers
- Reports to the MD Wilmar Business
- Direct Reports are:
- Quality Assurance manager/Analyst
- Safety, Health, and Environment manager
- TPM manager
- Process/NPD manager
- Turnover of unit
- Budget responsibility
- Team Size
- Total department headcount is 21 of whom 20 are direct reports
- The key outputs of the job
- List in priority order, if possible, typically 8-10
- NOT a task list
- Any requirement for organizing & planning including own work and the allocation of resources
- Typical decisions made and if they are advisory or directly responsible for the outcome
- Assess/monitor and continuously improve the material yields and manufacturing standards.
- Develop a program to improve the technical capabilities of the production team.
- Lead the innovation (product and packaging) implementation on the site looking for the best alternatives/options of designs to process/manufacturing.
- Own the margin improvement plan for the factory and interface with the new product development teams.
- Supervise the development and maintenance of a fit for purpose’ Quality Regime in the factory-giving good quality to the market whilst minimizing the costs to the business-eventually leading to ISO 9001, FSSC 22000 accreditations etc.
- Manage the Quality teams responsible to deliver Quality control and Quality assurance in the site.
- Reduce variability of manufacturing processes and minimize the conversion cost through close monitoring. Develop, build and make available in the organization the product, process and Packaging expertise relevant to the asset base.
- Give Technical response to quality problems or Product complaints from the market. Ensure that products meet all technical legislation and registration processes. Initiate and implement the documentation of procedures and policies to guide all technical operations. Manage the OSHE teams responsible to deliver Occupational Health, Safety and Environment results. Develop TPM program and support the operations in the Implementation of TPM. Technical liaison with Wilmar and PZ Cussons to ensure that best practice is brought in from other factories. To ensure compliance with relevant QMS/FSMS policies and procedures. To identify and rate aspects of the department activities and develop programs where necessary, to help control those aspect that could have adverse impact on the environment. Generate and Manage budget for the team Provide necessary support on recruitment and training
Internal & External Relationships:
- Identify the most significant ones
- Attach a preferred suppliers list if available
- Detail which networks the jobholder will be part of e.g. finance, category
- Manufacturing (Production, Engineering, Planning), Logistics and Procurement teams
- NPD teams.
- PZ Regulatory affairs
- PZ Nigeria Soaps manufacturing.
- Wilmar group oil refineries.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed:
- List any qualifications required to do the job
- Be specific about the experience needed
- Focus on type of experience not the time served
- Have a BSc degree in Chemical /Food Engineering, Science with a diploma in production management.
- Be computer literate especially in MS-word, MS-excel and PowerPoint.
- Have a minimum of 10 years working experience 4 of which must be in similar role.
- Must have edible oil experience.
- Be able to act as the training champion for the technical team.
- Must be a Responsible person in the eyes of regulatory authorities
- Checking compliance with product and environment legislation.
- Must have detailed knowledge of oils and need relevant experience of Processing.
- Possess excellent Quantitative Analysis skills.
- Good knowledge of financial management.
EMS, OHSMS and FSSC Responsibilities
- Implement and comply with EMS/FSSC/OHS requirements relating to environmental aspects and impacts and other policies, procedures and /or regulations applicable to assigned jobs
- Act as the Food Safety Leader to ensure, maintain and sustain FSMS implementation
- Understand and apply the intent of the EMS/FSSC/OHS policy and requirements to assigned jobs
- Understand roles, responsibilities, and the importance of conformity to the EMS/FSSC/OHS requirements.
- Understand the significant environmental aspects and related actual or potential impacts associated with their work, and the environmental benefits of improved personal performance
- Understand and participate fully in hazard identification, risk assessment and control measure put in place and prevent food safety related hazard in the department.
- Understand roles and responsibilities and the importance of conformity with the EMS, OH&S and FSSC requirement.
- Understand the potential consequences of departure from specified EMS, OH&S and FSSC procedures as well as legal requirement
- Ensure the integration of the EMS, OH&S and FSSC requirements into the department processes.
- Ensure effective management of risks and opportunities and implementation of improvement programs.
- Ensure that the EMS, OH&S and FSSC achieve intended results within department.
- Monitor the EMS, OH&S and communicating the extent of compliance to management.
Job Context & Special Features:
- Explain any special features or context in which the job operates
- Detail any language or mobility requirements
- Behavioral competencies are linked to the grade of the position and will be assigned once the position has been evaluated.
- Technical skills (max 8 for each position) need to be detailed below.
- They are related to the function of the position (e.g. procurement, finance etc.) and should be those that are required to ensure that the position is performed at a Solid standard of performance.
- Team work
- Hazard identification and controls
- Food Safety and Hygiene
- Finance Management
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Engineering / Technical jobs
- Technical Manager jobs