Job title : Technical Assistant to the GMD
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : October 20, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Attend meetings with the GMD to provide support and assistance on strategic and technical matters as well as provides high quality administrative support.
- Provide input to technical studies/research projects, technical reports, project planning reports, etc. to be presented to the GMD
- Responding to technical inquiries and present appropriate technical knowledge on projects with answers when required.
- Evaluate, review, and interpret technical inquiries on contractors/vendors, and be able to provide recommendation to the GMD on both existing and potential contractors/vendors.
- Format information for internal and external communication memos, emails, presentations, and reports.
- Participate in meetings with external partners and vendors to discuss technical solutions and opportunities.
- Monitor industry trends and developments, and provide regular updates to the GMD and executive team.
- Develop and maintains technical databases and spreadsheets.
- Work with the EA to the MD/CEO to ensure that the MD/CEO’s schedule of activities are fully coordinated and aligned to ensure optimal utilization of the MD/CEO’s time and resources.
- Maintain effective and comprehensive electronic & paper filing systems to ensure efficient flow of correspondence and documentation.
- Regular interface with the Project Management office and Technical Planners of the company to ensure that MD/CEO is kept up to date on the progress of the company’s ongoing technical projects.
- Aid the MD/CEO in the development, coordination, and implementation of strategic plans of the company and its affiliates.
- Prepare dashboard for the entire business representing the organizational progress of the company with regards to each department’s ongoing respective projects, highlighting the positives and negatives and reporting performance to the Managing Director on timely basis.
- Attend and contribute to meetings on behalf of Managing Director, reporting back and follow up if required.
- Ensures proper and timely follow-up on reports from units, departments, and divisions.
- Research for, and preparation of speeches and presentations in a variety of formats to support the activities of the GMD.
- University Degree in Engineering or a Science discipline.
- Masters’ degree in Engineering or a science discipline will be an added advantage
- Membership of professional bodies, e.g. Nigerian Society of Engineers, registration with COREN etc. will be an advantage
- Interface with regulatory authorities like NERC, NEMSA, SON and other related statutory bodies
- Regular interface with the Project Management office and Technical Planners of the company to ensure he/she and the MD/CEO is kept up to date on the progress of the company’s ongoing technical projects.
- Focus on the successful execution of the project on time, within budget and in accordance with the agreed project requirements, specifications, and standards.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and Resume to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Applicants should please put their current salary and location in the body of the mail.
- Engineering / Technical jobs
- Technical Assistant to the GMD jobs