6 days ago
Job title : Technical Advisor, Child Health/Routine Immunization and Nutrition
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : June 06, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Summary of the Role
- The Technical Advisor, Child Health/Routine Immunization and Nutrition will provide technical leadership and advice to project staff and partners, and Pathfinder cross functional teams in the areas of child health, routine immunization, and nutrition.
- The Job holder will be responsible for providing technical inputs on RMNCH+N related issues both at the federal and state levels and will assist operational planning/ implementation and provide technical leadership to the project state teams on Child Health/Routine Immunization and Nutrition issues, including at health facilities supported by the project.
The position will be full-time, reporting to the Country Director, and be based in Abuja with travel to other supported states as required.
- Provide technical leadership for all activities related to Child Health, RIs and Nutrition in project states
- Lead and contribute to the development of project work plans, activity implementation plans, regular activity and progress reports, and other relevant project-related documentation
- Provide technical leadership on system strengthening, and advise the country lead and project states on the strategic approach in relation to Child Health, RIs and Nutrition programs
- Provide technical assistance, strategic direction and support for the implementation of program activities in Child Health, RIs and Nutrition in project states
- Support the technical reviews and abstract and article development during implementation and ensure that the design delivers high-quality integrated health programs for children and women, building on global best practices
- Ensure that gender and disability considerations are reflected in the program design and implementation
- Promote a Health Systems Strengthening approach as the overarching framework, that supports working in collaboration and partnership with governments at national, and subnational bodies, and local partners while working towards sustainability
- Provide technical guidance to the program state teams to ensure that thematic program components are technically sound, while the methodologies are consistent with national and global best practices
- Promote an integrated programming approach for cost-effectiveness and in a way that increases the overall impact of Child Health, RI, and Nutrition programs at the state and local government and community levels
- Undertake field visits to project states, work with the state teams to understand, operational challenges, and continuously identify low-hanging opportunities for learning and improvement
- Ensure project activities are technically sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of the project states
- Ensure integration across technical areas and with cross-cutting approaches such as gender, equity and rights-based approaches to health
- Work with the Project Manager and other key officers to provide technical support, contribute to work planning, and project reporting and provide oversight of implementation activities
- Provide oversight to technical team members, consultants, and consortium partners on Child Health, RIs, and Nutrition at national and project states
- Actively participate and provide TA to all the TWGs meeting
- Demonstrated experience in working on high-level engagement with the government workers
- Practical experience in working with the government during the development of national-level strategic documents and guidelines for Child Health, RIs, and Nutrition
- Extensive knowledge of child and infant health, RIs, and nutrition including global best practices
- Excellent and demonstrated public relations, and interpersonal communication skills
Required Education and Work Experience
- Master’s degree in Public Health or relevant/related field, Clinical background in medicine or nursing is preferred
- At least 7 years of experience in public health
- Expertise in supporting Child Health, Nutrition, and RI programs in multiple technical capacities and in resource limited settings
- Demonstrated capacity in developing and implementing effective collaborations with partners, local government entities, other NGOs, and community leaders
- Knowledge and proven experience in strategy development, staff oversight, program administration, contractual compliance, and financial management of large health programs
- Prior experience working with and a strong understanding of Nigeria’s public health system and functional dynamics
- Demonstrated leadership, management, coordination, teamwork, and planning skills, with proven ability to network effectively with and collaborate with a range of key stakeholders, including national, subnational and local officials, public, private and civil society partners, and communities
- Strong training, mentoring, coaching and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer literacy in the following: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Fluency and strong communication skills in English is required
- Willingness to travel when required
- Experience in microplanning for RI or polio eradication is desired
Preferred Competence and Work Experience:
- Strong organizational skills, exceptional sense of responsiveness and ability to follow-through
- Passion for Child Health Child Health, RIs, and Nutrition: Commitment to reproductive health services, gender, maternal, and child health services including immunization.
- Ability to work productively and effectively with virtual teams spread around the world.
- Project Planning and Management: Advanced skills in project planning, Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Proven ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. In-depth demonstrated customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Communication: Excellent oral and report writing and presentation skills. Demonstrated capability to write high-quality scientific/management documents
- Excellent collaboration and good interpersonal communication skills in a team environment
- Demonstrated capability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team
- Good problem-solving skills
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive. Influence and lead in a matrixed organization
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues
- Interpersonal skills enabling sensitive conversations with employees, partners, on a range of topics
Technology to be Used:
- Uses cellular and office phone, laptop, or desktop computer.
- Less than 30%
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Medical / Healthcare jobs
- Technical Advisor, Child Health/Routine Immunization and Nutrition jobs