Job title : Team Lead, Company Secretariat
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : July 01, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- To provide Company Secretariat services to the bank.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and circulate relevant secretariat calendar and schedule for the Board, Board Committees, Statutory Committees, Executive Management, and ad-hoc meetings.
- Convey and organise relevant statutory and regulatory meetings including the issuance of requisite notices, timely delivery of report, taking minutes of meetings, circulate the decisions of the Committee, issue resolutions and ensure that there is compliance with laws during such meetings.
- Maintain relevant statutory books such as Minute books and directors register.
- Organise trainings, seminars and workshops for Directors.
- Organize Board and Board Committee meetings
- Organize Annual General Meetings
- Organize Management meetings when applicable
- Prepare minutes of each meeting attended and file appropriately
- Ensure prompt filing of statutory returns with the Corporate Affairs Commission and other regulatory bodies within regulatory timelines
- Prepare Board Resolutions
- Ensure that records of Directors information, shareholders information and all regulatory correspondences are kept with strict confidentiality
- Contact Directors and Shareholders when necessary
- Recommend and participate in the review of the Bank policies and practices impacting the Unit.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Company Secretary.
Key Performance Indicators
- Number of unresolved litigations out of the court
- Number of litigations against bank as a result of defective legal contracts
- Quality and timeliness of legal opinion and other legal services
- Zero error in legal searches
- Reduction in cost of external support
Work Experience & Education Requirement
- First degree in Law
- Post-graduate or professional qualification
- Six (6) years cognate experience
- A track record of strong analytical and decision-making skills,
- Proficiency in use of MS Office packages.
- Understands the structure and format of contractual documents
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of legal considerations
- Understands the key principles of the contract and applies the correct legal terms to conditions
- Understands the process of litigation
- Able to prepare defenses and arguments for simple cases
- Able to undertake defenses in major cases with assistance
- Understands the place of solicitation within the legal profession.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Attention to details
- Strong analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong internal and external customer focus.
How to Apply for this Offer
To apply, kindly send your application and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the mail should be the job you are applying for.
- Administrative / Management jobs
- Team Lead, Company Secretariat jobs