Job title : Tax & Audit Manager
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : September 26, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Prepare tax returns and facilitate payments including suggestions on payment plan.
- Design an annual tax plan in line with the company’s goal
- Research, Estimate, and track tax returns
- Prepare and Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual tax reports
- Manage, Organize, and update the company’s tax database
- Recommend tax strategies and methods required to manage taxes, that align with business goals
- Prepare necessary paperwork for tax payments and returns
- Share financial data with the accounting department
- Identify tax savings and suggest ways to increase profits
- Follow industry trends and track changes related to taxes
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Forecast tax predictions to Management
- Ensure compliance with regulators either federal, state, or local authorities.
- Find tax solutions to complicated tax issues or errors from incorrect tax filings
- Advise Management about the impact of Tax liabilities and corporate strategies or new tax laws.
- Audit of financial statements and assessment of the books of account to ensure accuracy and regulatory compliance.
- Reviewing internal control systems performing walkthrough processes and analyzing financial records and transactions.
- Design the auditing process using common standards of practice, company policies, business goals and
- industry regulations.
- Indicate and identify risk areas in each departmental operations and process
- Analyze adherence to budgetary standards and guidelines using financial data and balance sheets.
- Review all financial materials and procedures in order to spot errors, inefficiencies, or instances of misuse.
- Document all internal processes within an audit; list all data sources; detail all conclusions after an investigation.
- Work to develop new best standards of practice within the company in order to increase accuracy and integrity.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and expertise within the field by participating in professional development.
- Keep all sensitive information confidential and secure.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- At least 3 years of working experience as a Tax and Audit Accountant, Tax Analyst, or Auditor
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Familiarity with accounting software packages
- Computer literacy (MS Excel in particular)
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Good communicator with great people skills
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment with challenging work
- Good at multitasking.
- Minimum of BSc degree, First Class or 2:1 grade in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or relevant subject;
- Industry certification (ICAN, ACCA, ACA).
- Proficiency with commercial tax and accounting software
- Quick Books proficient
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Tax & Audit Manager jobs