Job title : Tax Accountant
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : September 29, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Ensure the Company is compliant with the statutory requirement for payment of taxes and filing tax returns thereby avoiding sanctions from the government. Also, ensure company does not lose money in managing tax matters.
- Responsible for overall corporate Tax management including devising effective tax planning and tax management strategies, to minimize, defer or eliminate tax liability on the company transaction in accordance with the relevant tax laws.
- Advise the leadership regarding the tax impact of corporate strategies.
- Provide monthly status report on all government/regulatory financial/tax obligations.
- Advise the leadership on the impact of new laws on tax liabilities.
- Coordinate the work of company’s outsourced tax responsibilities.
- Identify tax savings in prospective asset acquisition scenarios.
- Principal focal point for the computation of VAT, WHT and local content deductibles on all transaction documents.
- Ensure accurate deduction and prompt remittance of all statutory deductions to the relevant agencies.
- Responsible for processing of annual corporate Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) for all company entities and individual TCC’s for employees.
- Comply with State and Federal tax regulations by prompt filing, calculating monthly estimated tax payments, making prompt payments, etc.
- Prepare and update tax provision schedules.
- Update the company tax database as tax rates change.
- Coordinate tax audits by various authorizes with our tax consultants. Prepare response to enquiries from the relevant tax authorities, provision of required documentation and support during tax audits.
- Make inputs to support the preparation of reports to various Government agencies such as NDDC, FIRS, NCDMB, NEITI, etc.
- Ensure that all Balance Sheet accounts and Flow station activities are reconciled for the approval of the Chief Financial Officer on monthly basis to month-end deadlines.
- Any other assignment as may be given to you by your supervisor.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years tax experience in the Oil & Gas industry or a reputable international consulting firm
- Good knowledge of the Petroleum Profits Tax Act, Petroleum Act, and other tax legislation relevant to the Oil and Gas industry
- Experience in resolving tax controversies with the different tax authorities.
- CIT Qualifications
Key Performance Indicator:
- Compliance with tax regulatory requirements
- Zero penalties on tax matters
Skill & Competence:
The competence proficiency levels required for the position of Tax Accountant are defined using the following key terms.
- Knowledgeable in Petroleum Tax legislation VAT, PIT, WHT, PAYE etc
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Stakeholder/Relationship Management.
- Knowledge of financial management for the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Business Knowledge.
- Risk Management.
- Internal Control.
- Business Strategy.
- Financial intermediation skills.
- Relationship Management.
- Commercial Acumen.
- Ability to manage complexities.
- Balanced Entrepreneurship.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Any application received after this time will be automatically rejected.
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Tax Accountant jobs