About Talents and Skills Africa’s Job offer
Job title : Head, Internal Audit
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : April 15, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Our Client, a leading E-Commerce, Retail, and Distribution company in the ICT industry is seeking to employ a qualified and experienced HEAD, INTERNAL AUDIT
The job holder is responsible for the Organization’s strategic risk-based internal Audit plan and managing the Internal Audit function in accordance with the Business goals & Objectives. Also responsible for planning and conducting operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls and organizational risk
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the audit process and make any necessary recommendations to change policies, implement new systems and ensure strict compliance.
- Execute Internal Auditing process within the company activities.
- Provide audit report and make recommendations where necessary
- Maintain a report systems.
- Develop audit program to implement and review existing audit program to meet new established structures in the company.
- Suggests action to correct system or process weaknesses and lack of internal control.
- Check efficiency and knowledge of procedures’ in the company’s service delivery and activities.
- Design and implement control mechanisms across the business.
- Monitor compliance/adherence to company’s policy and assists in evaluation of system’s control.
- Detect and Prevent fraud with the sole aim of safeguarding the company’s assets.
- Identifies internal control gaps in business procedures, processes or systems and initiates appropriate remedial action.
Core Internal Audit Functions
Audit duties cut across the following units:
Accounts & Finance Dept:
- Conduct check and verification of payable and receivable accounts to ensure improving/complying with established policies and procedures
- Conduct prepayment audit review of payment vouchers and supporting documents
- Conduct post-payment audit on bank/cash operations and verify payments to third parties
- Participate in audit follow up review, special audits, loss and fraud investigations
- Support Account in the following arrears:
- Review of Management Account/Company’s Annual Report
- Review Annual Budget
- Bank Reconciliations
- Ensure compliance to relevant tax laws (local & international) and professional standards (books of account and financial statements)
- Support in providing quality control checks on products
- Accurate documentation of stock and inventory
- Systematic and thorough details to vetting of supply invoices.
- Effect Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly Product and Sales Audit as applicable.
- Prepares audit report (weekly/monthly/quarterly/Yearly) for management.
Internal Control Functions:
- Actual inventory audit of branches, stores and warehouses. Submit reports monthly
- Stocktaking across all branches
- Do audit trail of all transactions on ERP BUSY and make necessary reports
- Checking to ensure products are properly priced to avoid revenue leakages (random checking of sales orders and other relevant documents)
- Weekly reconciliation of products/ inventory across all the branches
- Providing a positive control environment
- Identifying potential risk areas
- Implementing timely corrective actions
Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Executive Management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Knowledge of Accounting and Finance Principles and Practices
- Knowledge of a variety of reporting procedures, regulations and law
- Planning and Time Management
- Effective Communication and Leadership skills
- Critical Thinking and Analysis
- Tenacity and Ethics
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Finance or other closely related field.
- Certified Internal Audit (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- 10-12 years’ experience in Auditing or Accounting; 7 years in a Management role
HOW TO APPLY: