Canonical’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : System Software Engineer – C / C++ / Rust / Kernel – Linux Container Technology jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- We are hiring a systems-level C programmer to focus on performance-critical, security-critical, low-level system libraries critical to Linux container capabilities. We are also interested in Rust for system-level programming in Ubuntu and more widely in Canonical.
- The LXD team is responsible for the design, development and evolution of LXD, a modern system container and virtual machine manager that is widely used on Ubuntu, ChromeOS and other Linux platforms.
- LXD components span the entire software stack from low-level kernel features to the upper-level management REST API and CLI.
- This is an opportunity for someone who wants to have a meaningful impact on modern cloud computing technologies.
- Canonical offers a fun, fast-paced team environment and a career full of learning and development.
What you will do:
- Design, implement and document features in low-level system container libraries (LXC and LXCFS)
- Maintain code quality through static analysis, unit and system tests
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- Work from home with global travel, 2 to 4 weeks/year for internal and external events.
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You have experience with two or more of cloud computing, virtualisation, containers, distributed systems, open-source community.
- You are curious, flexible, articulate and accountable
- You value soft skills and are enterprising, thoughtful and self-motivated
- You have experience with system programming in C on Linux
- You have knowledge or interest in Linux kernel features like namespaces, cgroups, networking or storage.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online