6 days ago
Job title : Sustainability Manager
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : June 25, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Joining Coronation as a Sustainability Manager is a great opportunity for a competent professional who wants to be associated with a respected brand.
- The Sustainability Manager will benefit from visibility, a wealth of opportunities for development and continuous learning.
- He or she will be involved in diverse, high profile and impactful projects.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Ecosystem to advance in sustainability through the implementation of value adding solutions, including sustainability reporting, stakeholder engagement, assessment, and strategy.
- The ideal candidate has high work ethics, a can-do attitude, enjoys fast-paced environments and places the client at the heart of our business
- The Sustainability Manager will involve working closely with a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders and requires the ability to work at both a technical and big-picture strategic level.
- The Sustainability Manager will report directly to the head of the Marketing and Communications function, working with Heads of the Coronation entities, their Marketing Business Partners and the Chairman of Coronation X Limited.
- Provide exceptional support that builds trust, confidence in our expertise, and reputation
- Manage and deliver advisory projects including sustainability assessment and strategy, reporting, stakeholder engagement, programs, green building, assurance, training
- Identify, recommend, and lead improvement initiatives based on gaps, opportunities, global trends, and sector benchmarking
- Identify and pursue opportunities for business development, contribute to new product/service development and advancement of existing tools and solutions
- Develop and implement Sustainability strategy plans for the Ecosystem
- Design strategies and deliver programs to increase internal and external stakeholder engagement, awareness, and commitment to sustainability
- Project manage and deliver annual sustainability reporting projects in compliance with international standards, guidelines, and frameworks
- Oversee sustainability report development, ensuring alignment with company guidelines, trends, stakeholder input & concerns and corporate strategy & directions
- Write and present business content in engaging format
- Stay up to date of emerging trends and best practices
- Track and analyze trends in Sustainability and in the industry
- Perform benchmarking activities for internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor research and developments in the field
What we are looking for
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline.
- Post graduate degree such as MBA.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a sustainability related role
- Excellent understanding of Sustainability and CSR strategic approaches and advisory tools
- Practical experience in Sustainability reporting
- Knowledge of current international sustainability tools and trends, (egg SDGs related) and their application in business
- Understanding of key sustainability issues and how they can be integrated into business to create measurable value
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and appreciate the systematic impact of complex issues and solutions.
- Ability to prioritize within a multi-tasking environment, flexibility, and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative and with a can-do attitude
- Proactive attitude, strong organizational, project and stakeholder management skills
- Unquestionable integrity, discretion, ethical and professional approach to business and personal credibility
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal): Ability to communicate complex sustainability topics in simple terms, with emphasis on impact. Ability to develop written business content
- Creativity and resourcefulness: Ability to develop and execute project plans and engagement campaigns in innovative ways, problem solver
- Good analytical skills Critically analyse data to improve quality of deliverables and proposed solutions. Accuracy and attention to detail required
- Well-developed leadership and people management skills, including the ability to manage multi-national and cross-cultural teams effectively.
- Ability to generate ideas and concepts to improve business performance.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Well-honed skills to persuade, influence, negotiate, manage and sustain successful relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Knowledge of sustainability requirements of local legislation, standards, and international best practice
- To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: Competitive compensation package, Robust rewards package, Retirement benefit and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future.
- We also provide an environment that fosters the actualization of goals, and career fulfillment for our people while providing transformational solutions for Africa’s challenges.
- Flexible Working Arrangement
- Coronation’s current flexible working arrangement is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture such that it provides employees the flexibility of working from both the office (on-premises) and remotely.
- For additional information on Coronation X Limited, please visit coronation.ng/careers/ |
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.
- Administrative / Management jobs
- Sustainability Manager jobs