Alliance for International Medical Action’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Supply Manager – Nigeria (M / F)
Job Location : Other
Deadline : October 01, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Contract term: Contract under French law, 6 months.
Mission and Objectives
- Supply Manager in collaboration of logistic Coordinator is responsible for the proper designing, planning, and implementation of the supply chain in the mission/country, ensuring the achievement of the objectives set at the mission Level.
- To Support Country Mission, in ensuring timely arrangement of different project commodities, including market survey, an established supplier listing for the mission (Maiduguri, Yobe, Abuja, Katsina and Owo) i.e. goods, drugs, and services to Support ALIMA intervention in North East Nigeria.
- Ensure Supply support to the mission within the ALIMA standard Procurement procedures in compliance with ALIMA & Donor Financial requirements.
Tasks & Responsibilities
International & local Supply Management:
- Procurement planning in close connection with the logistic Manager of the project office, Pharmacy manager, Medical Coordinator, and Logistics Coordinator. And candidate shall possess excellent MSF supply knowledge.
- Supply manager will be responsible for maintaining procurement tracking sheets (local & international), updating and sharing with relevant departments.
- Will ensure that the donor & ALIMA procurements requirements, procedures and guidelines are respected in all ALIMA procurements.
- Follows up international supply during all the process, before arrival or in customs, being responsible for preparing and providing all necessary documents (customs clearance, transits etcÛ?) on time.
- Follow up of the local supply process, through coordination office, to be timely purchased and delivered to the project office on time.
- Ensure that Local purchase of supply is done as per ALIMA Procurement guideline, specifically ensuring the quality of goods/supplies and best value for money.
- Market intelligence with due diligence to ensures that ALIMA is paying according to prevailing market prices.
- Holding an Open market competition to select suppliers to sign a framework agreement for different recurring supplies.
- Maintained a Supplier Database at the mission level, with all relevant information including their contacts details.
- Maintaining price list of different project commodities at the mission level and evaluating the price
- Maintains regular contacts with suppliers and regularly re-evaluate the market in order to get the best quality, prices, and service possible
- Ensure that all in local Procurement, ALIMA procurement Procedural compliance is respected and adopted as per the threshold of the accumulative cost of specific supplies/goods and equipment. Checking that ALIMA procedures for national purchase, local orders, and requests for quotes are followed (if purchases are over a pre-defined amount)
- Preparation of tender documents & Call of quotation for any supplies needed.
- Having regular filed visit to support the field logistics & supply for implementation of ALIMA procurement guidelines/rule and regulations.
Orders / Request of Supplies:
- Being a focal person of supply at the mission level, processing all request in close coordination with Logistic Coordinator & medical Coordinator in case of technical medical equipment.
- Work Closely with the Field Co, Logistic Managers in the field in relation to processing their request of supply/service/good.
- Works in close collaboration with the Medical Coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator for the medical orders & Non-medical local & International Order.
- Works in close cooperation with the finance department on forecasting of the budget required for different local medical & non-medical Supplies. Review all Payment case before submission to Finance department to ensure ALIMA financial and procurement Compliance is respected.
- Coordination & communication with suppliers for placing the Orders after approval of procurement as per ALIMA validation table.
- Follows up on Backlog of different orders with HQ, & sharing the updated Order follow up a sheet of international & local orders with relevant different and staff on a weekly & monthly basis.
- Participates in any emergency activity or exploratory visit in or out of the ALIMA area of work, being prepared to intervene directly if needed and assume the management of all supply activities and staff
- Defines and updates job profiles and descriptions of all supply chain related staff.
- Participates in the selection, follow up and evaluation of all staff under his/her direct supervision
- Trains the staff on supply chain standards & Administrative procedures of Shipment Custom clearance.
- Reinforces skills of all supply chain staff.
- Undertakes regular evaluations of staff team under his/her direct supervision.
- Promotes communication and active participation of all staff under supervision.
- Sharing of weekly reports for both International and Local procurements to Field Staffs.
- Participates in monthly reports according to guidelines, i.e. International and local procurement updates, Procurement planning, etc. together with the Logistics coordinator.
- Carries out regular market Surveys and makes them available to program staffs.
- Informs the line manager of any problems that might be linked to work of supply staff.
Protection Of Beneficiaries and Community Members:
- Level 3: The incumbent is responsible for the application of HR processes and may be required to conduct field visits. She/he. He/she may therefore be in contact with children and/or vulnerable adults. Therefore, a criminal record check or the presentation of a certificate of good conduct will be required. In situations where the impossibility of providing a criminal record or a certificate of good conduct is established, a declaration on honour will be requested.
Experience and Skills
- Essential University Degree or Technical School Diploma in desirable Supply related studies
- Essential working experience of at least two years in supply chain activities related jobs
- Desirable working experience with ALIMA, MSF, or other INGOs
- Desirable working experience in developing countries
- Essential computer literacy (Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet)
- Well organized with good negotiation and communication skill
- Ability to work as part of a team, a part of multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team, in emergency and under pressure, to manage stress easily and result oriented
- Can work and create teamwork, flexible, and committed to the assigned position
- Interest in and commitment to ALIMAÛªs activities, enthusiasm to represent the organization to others, to travel to different regions of Nigeria
- Languages: English compulsory, others are an asset.
Depending on experience
ALIMA pays for
- Travel costs between the expatriateÛªs country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online