7 days ago
Job title : Supply & Demand Planner
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : June 25, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- You are skilled at consistently building deep, trusting partnership with sales, finance, customers, marketing, and leaders.
- Structured, focused and organised define your approach as you navigate multiple high priority.
- You are solution oriented with a fantastic attention to detail, great listening skills and proactive approach to anticipating business needs.
Sales & Operation Planning
- Manage key internal and external stakeholders (Marketing, Sales, Customers and Finance) to get a collaborative and consensus approach to forecasting and agree on the Best10 process.
- Continue analyse current business, demand trends, and predict future trends for middle and longer-term horizon (24 months)
- Manage the demand process to ensure that plans are established, monitored, and reviewed to ensure an efficient and timely distribution of products to customers and secure stock availability to customers.
- Support the SC Manager in the S&OP process, lead Nigeria demand review and forecast analysis for 3PL warehouse.
- Build visibility between financial target and volume sales plan and support the financial team in the financial cycle and clearly disclose risks and opportunities to the business through the demand planning process.
- Ensure cross functional alignment and business ownership at multiple levels.
- Maintain S&OP tools and report risks and opportunities.
- Collaborate with sales to understand customers’ data and understand their ordering patterns.
- Propose continuous improvement and lead projects to improve forecast accuracy at SKU and depot level, and top key accounts level
- Collaborate with Supplying plants for order prioritization when supply constrained in alignment with SC Manager
- Responsible for maintaining Supply Network Planning (SNP) within the global planning system (APO) to provide visibility through the end-to-end supply chain.
- Develop reporting using Business Intelligence (BI) to increase speed of analysis and enable decision making agility.
- Develop, maintain, and broadcast SLA and set of KPI to control Supply Chain performance (inventory, lead time, Planning Adherence, Replenishment Performance etc.) for the scope.
- Manage sales forecasts at selling product / depot / key customer level and improve forecast accuracy for Nigeria.
- Analyse all data to ensure that sales forecasts are realistic (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, customer data (inventories, depletions, forecasts)) and challenge Sales Managers about inconsistencies.
- Analyse forecast evolution and challenge sales teams’ fact based for correction.
- Capture and document assumptions built into the forecast and yearly budget.
- Maintain/adjust/create documentation, standard operating procedures and mapping for demand planning processes and systems.
- Conduct forecast data submissions in system following the global S&OP and forecasting calendar.
- Improve forecasting techniques and method to increase forecast accuracy indicators (BIAS, TISP); e.g., clean history, statistics, customer and sales collaboration.
- Lead the product portfolio management review for your region and align actions with the regional finance and commercial team. Seek for solution and monitor progress.
- Cooperate with the Activity Management Team and SC Manager to ensure effective Innovation process with the aim of reducing supply chain complexity, optimizing route to markets, increasing supply reliability/flexibility and harmonizing the SKU portfolio.
- Coordinate new products/ replacement activities projects with Marketing, Sales, SC Manager to ensure on time in full delivery of projects, and smooth switch if replacement with least write-off.
- Be the single point of contact to coordinate finished goods’ VAP being produced /co-packed locally.
- Maintain the products’ portfolio list including lifecycle information and communicate regularly with stakeholders.
- Align with plant supply planning on the right level of replenishment and ensure sufficient inventory for launch.
- Make sure the forecast is reflected 4 to 6 months minimum before the first shipment date.
- Communicate to Nigeria sales / customer service on first availability date from our warehouse.
Supply Planning/Inventory management/Product lifecycle monitoring
- Plan finished good stock inbound from plants to market warehouses based on forecasts and stock policies.
- Focus on optimizing and proposing days inventory and working capital by analysing safety stocks and non-performing stocks.
- Follow up Slow mover/No mover stocks and take relevant actions to deplete those. Seek for solutions
- Identify write-offs risks and root causes and set action plan to reduce/avoid and monitor. Seek for solutions.
- Ensure any issues / alerts are raised promptly with sales/customers to minimise/avoid them in future.
- Review and set the right safety stocks policies with supplying plants.
- Ensure SAP FTS parameters are maintained, reviewed, correspond to reality, best practices.
Supply Challenges and OTIF
- Manage short/medium term supply constraints (ex. quality, technical, allocation, transportation) to deliver service level (Finished goods, Global Promotions/Limited Editions) on the agreed basis.
- Monitor allocation of limited products, communicate on status monthly.
- Understand route to markets, MOQs and Leadtime’s with plants and customers. Propose, set up and document rules when not established with SC Manager
- Communicate to Nigeria sales team on out of stocks risks and issues, root causes and resolution timing in promptly manner, be the one single point of contact to sales.
Logistics (3PL Inventory, Shipping)
- Lead 3PL review meetings on a monthly and quarterly basis supporting with the planning agenda.
- Ensure physical stock count locally at 3PL warehouse in collaboration with finance.
- Lead stock reconciliation alignment.
- Propose product replacement when necessary, ensuring payload targets are respected.
- Lead the supply review (part of the S&OP process) with functional stakeholders.
- Ensure checks of master data parameters and accuracy end to end with local master data.
- Liaise with CSR and Supplying plants to ensure orders are shipped respecting SLA, golden rules, performance standards and compliance (e.g. lead time, MOQs, active and correct SKU, OTIF, invoice release)
- Track any order delay, report root causes through weekly review process and make sure corrective actions are in place with the relevant stakeholders.
- Inform and challenge internal team and Transport representative to achieve the perfect execution of order fulfilment throughout the manufacturing and delivery process.
- Manage and follow export processes and relevant related requirements.
- Prepare Shipping documents accurately and in compliance with the local legal requirements.
- Ensuring all the necessary approvals (including NAFDAC registration, Import License, MF, BA nos.) are secured before giving Shipping approval to CSR.
- Custom Clearance documents to be prepared and submitted on time to avoid delay and demurrage.
- Tracking of Orders and shipments in-transit and at port pending for custom clearance.
Skills and Experience
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO CREATE YOUR LEGACY
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Supply Chain (Demand & Supply Planning/ Forecasting / Logistics / Distribution processes).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Must be fluent in English. Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written. Additional languages are an asset.
- Knowledge of demand and supply planning technology and statistical decision support tools
- Must have strong analytical skills and ability to identify demand patterns and sales trends.
- Excellent knowledge of Inventory management processes and operations.
- Knowledge of shipping and customs documentations and processes.
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to complex problems that may not have one clear answer.
- Extreme attention to detail
- Proactivity, autonomy, and strong communication skills
- Business savvy and a good understanding of the consumer & customers’ needs
- Ability to influence market, local and regional teams.
- Demonstrate accountability and capability to work independently with confidence to ask for support when required.
- Ability to find effective ways of working within a matrix organization, and within a fast-changing environment.
- Ensure to document processes and activities for potential back up contingency. Able to judge when alignment needs to be documented, minuted or not.
- Build strong collaboration with stakeholders and above all team members.
- Customer centric approach, managing stakeholder expectations in relation to delivery and execution.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with teams across different geographies and cultures.
- Demonstrate an interest in personal learning and development.
PERSONAL QUALITIES – SHARE OUR FOUNDER’S PASSION AND ENTREPRENEURIAL FLAIR
- Belonging: You have a strong capacity to create a culture of Belonging’, where people feel appreciated for who they are, what they do, and who they can become. You’re an authentic leader who acts with purpose and has an approachable, empathetic, open communication style. Embrace multicultural environment with diverse ways of working.
- Mental Agility: You can think critically to penetrate complex problems and expand the possibilities by making fresh connections. You think strategically whilst being execution focused and bring creativity to the challenges you’re presented with. You will have an attitude of constant learning and improving. Inquisitiveness/ curiosity around new media, digital, technology and social trends and possessing an attitude to experiment or innovate in these areas.
- People Agility: You bring a deep ability to understand and relate to people and navigate through tough situations to harness and multiply collective performance. You create strong positive first impressions and build those into great relationships.
- Self-Awareness: You have high levels of self-awareness, are reflective and know yourself well, understanding both your own strengths and weaknesses and your impact on others.
- Results Agility: You demonstrate consistent delivery of results in first-time situations by inspiring teams, exhibiting a presence that builds confidence in yourself and others. You operate at pace, can multi-skill effectively and are at ease in leading projects. You will be highly performance driven, commercially and financially astute.
- Change Agility: You have a deep natural curiosity, desire to experiment and ability to effectively deal with the heat of change. You have a growth and learning mindset: ready to test, stumble, learn and apply fr
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Store Keeping/Procurement jobs
- Supply & Demand Planner jobs