Medecins Sans Frontieres’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Supply Chain Officer jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : January 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Job Type: Indefinite
Duty Station: Abuja
Main objective and responsibility of the position
Organizing and supervising the daily supply chain activities and the teams associated, in the coordination and projects according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal running of the mission.
- Supervising and organizing the daily activities of the Supply Chain team, including Supply Supervisors, and ensuring they perform the tasks linked to their role.
- Being responsible for the order, purchase, stock and freight management in the coordination or in the project level, monitoring and ensuring an efficient implementation of the overall daily supply chain activities.
- Monitoring and ensuring a smooth running supply administration and the respect of the implemented supply procedures, proposing adjustments where needed.
- Being responsible for the supply database and the correct filing and archiving of the supply documentation in order to guarantee the availability and the coherence of supply data.
- Communicating with customers, keeping them up to date concerning their orders status (BO confirmation) and prioritizing procurement and transport according to their needs.
- Collecting claims from the field, analyzing causes and making corrective actions.
- In collaboration with the Supply Supervisor (if any) and in coordination with the HR department, supervising the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Informing the Logistics / Supply Manager in case of any major issue and draws-up all required reporting, in order to keep updated and reliable information that will help in decision-making
- Performing any other tasks within the scope of his role, as directed by supervision and according to the needs of the mission
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Analyse Backing up the other Supply Chain Officer during holidays, sick leave, etc. as well as support each other at times of high workload.
- Follow-up on UF clearances and produce monthly reports as well as other reports requested by Supply Coordinator and Supply Chain Manager.
- Analyses data, creates databases, monitors and tracks KPIs and share it with Supply Chain Manager and Supply Coordinator on a regular basis.
REQUIREMENTS (QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE)
To apply for this role applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
Essential degree and specialization in Logistics/Supply Chain
- Essential Experience in supply chain management (minimum 2 years) and in organization of supply administration and procedures.
- Desirable proven understanding of MSF Field Logistics (general knowledge of MSF equipment and kits).
Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
Mission Language Essential. Local language desirable.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management.
*Store Keeping/Procurement jobs in Nigeria
*Store Keeping/Procurement jobs in Abuja
*Supply Chain Officer in Abuja
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online