Job title : Supply Chain Coordinator
Job Location : Yobe
Deadline : May 30, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Supply Chain Coordinator is a key position to the success and delivery of quality programs. SCI defines Supply Chain as those systems and support functions necessary to implement programs effectively, inclusive of procurement, logistics, inventory management, asset management as well as vehicle and fleet management. The Supply Chain Coordinator is accountable for the design, planning, execution, and monitoring of supply chain activities, and delivery of an effective supply chain function within the SCI Yobe program in compliance with SCI, donor regulations, and in line with program objectives. He/she is also responsible for the continuous improvement of performance quality throughout the SC team and ensuring stakeholders’ satisfaction by exercising service-oriented practices.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Supply Chain Planning
- The Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for supply chain activities planning, developing supply chain plans to support program implementation, and close coordination with internal and external stakeholders. Supply chain planning includes procurement plans, warehousing plans, transport plans, staffing plans, distribution plans, and training plans.
- Ensure procurement plans are developed for all active grants in collaboration with program Coordinators/Managers.
- Ensure that program teams develop distribution plans for supplies and assets in order to eliminate inventory remaining in the warehouses after grant closure.
- Coordinate with supply chain field staff ensuring that there is sufficient space in the warehouses before sending program supplies to the field sites.
- Ensure supply chain staff training and capacity building plans are developed and incorporated into the budgets.
- Ensure that the supply chain department is well-staffed and roles and responsibilities of each have clear job descriptions.
- The Supply Chain Coordinator owns, manages, and drives SCI Yobe office procurement strategies, policies, and procedures. He/she ensures all field office program procurement needs are met on time in accordance with SCI Global Supply Chain (GSC) standards.
- Ensure compliance with SCI and donor policies in the procurement of program supplies and assets.
- Ensure review and execution of procurement contracts in a timely fashion.
- Ensure Implementation of GSC SOPs in the Yobe program office.
- Ensure supply chain monthly and quarterly reports are accurate and submitted on time.
- Organize procurement training sessions for procurement/tender committees in the Yobe field office and non-supply chain staff if deemed necessary.
- Review procurement documents before payments.
- Ensure all suppliers/service providers’ Information, history, and performance are filed and kept confidentially in the Yobe office.
- Ensure Procurement officer/s conducts Market Survey and analysis quarterly and shares with the program team and field Coordinators/ Managers.
- Identify fraud and corruption red flags and address them in a timely manner.
- Establish a reasonable and appropriate lead time for all procurement of program supplies and delivery of goods to the program sites.
- Work with Field Office Supply Chain staff and Field Manager to ensure effectiveness, field offices uniformity of supply chain structure, and implementation of the SCI`s standard operating policies and procedures.
- The Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for managing and controlling all inventory and warehouses operation in the Yobe program and ensuring excellent records keeping, implementation of inventory standard operating procedures, and control as provided by GSC.
- Ensure implementation of SCI inventory policies in the Yobe office.
- Produce awards-ending and year-ending inventory reports in a timely manner.
- Check warehouses/stores records and safety as per SCI standard Supply Chain Assessment Tool (SCAT).
- Conduct spot checks and surprise inventory counts as per SCI SOPs.
- The Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for the procurement, maintenance, safekeeping, and records of all SCI Yobe program assets and equipment. He/she is responsible for all aspects of the administrative, financial, capital, and operations of asset management in accordance with SCI and donor’s rules and regulations.
- Ensure Implementation of SCI Asset policies in the Yobe office.
- Ensure assets are maintained timely and are safe to use, and all maintenance documented.
- Ensure assets are tracked properly, tagged at the delivery, and the asset tracking sheet is continuously updated as assets are issued to staff or deployed to facilities.
- Plan for asset replacement as their service life comes to an end ensuring sufficient funds are budgeted for replacement.
- Manage the disposal process for assets, including ensuring donor approvals are in place before the disposal.
- Ensure spot-checks are done systematically, documented, and reported for all SCI Yobe assets, inventory, and equipment as per SCI assets management policy.
- The Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all SCI Yobe fleet and transportation activities, ensuring that Yobe office fleet operations are conducted in adherence to SCI fleet policies and procedures including vehicle procurement, vehicle movement, maintenance, and reporting accuracy.
- Ensure all Yobe vehicles are in good condition and well-maintained.
- Ensure all SCI-owned vehicles are reported and insured by SCI.
- Ensure local fleet management policy is in place, implemented, and followed by all in the Yobe field office.
- Review regularly fuel consumption and vehicle utilization management. Based on the analysis, plan for an increase/decrease in the number of vehicles if necessary.
- Review vehicle monthly reports and provide the necessary support to the logistics staff.
Compliance and Ethics
- The supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for identifying and analyzing compliance risk in supply chain processes, implementing strong procurement controls, identifying procurement red flags, implementing internal and external audit corrective action plans, and ensuring all supply chain activities are conducted in an ethical manner.
Learning and Development:
- The Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible and accountable for overseeing all supply chain learning and development initiatives in the Yobe office and assessing training needs, developing training plans for supply chain staff and other target audiences (programs, finance, etc.) as necessary.
Supply Chain Coordinator Competencies matrix:
- The Supply Chain Coordinator competency matrix is the main supportive document of this job description that details all required skills, tasks, and accountability levels. The Supply Chain Coordinator must ensure that all tasks are performed according to the standards. The Supply Chain Coordinator is accountable for the competencies matrix implementation.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, take responsibility for their own personal development, and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Advanced Degree, minimum 5 years of progressive Supply Chain professional experience or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated success as a Supply Chain leader across all disciplines including planning, procurement, and logistics.
- Broad knowledge and experience in Supply Chain strategies, market analysis techniques, procurement and contracting, vehicle and fleet management, inventory, property, and asset management.
- Strong collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across organizational units.
- Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed structure.
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills.
- Excellent training and coaching ability.
- Fluency in English is required, spoken proficiency in local languages is a plus.
- Ability to travel to remote field offices.
- Resilient, organized, hard-working, with a positive attitude.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Store Keeping/Procurement jobs
- Supply Chain Coordinator jobs