fhi 360’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Strategic Information Advisor
Job Location : Akwa Ibom
Deadline : October 02, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership for monitoring and evaluation to implement high-quality care, treatment and support activities with a primary focus on technical areas of M&E for HIV/AIDS programs including, logistics, data collection, validation, reporting for prevention, HIV testing and counseling (HTS), antiretroviral therapy (ART), pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), HIV self-testing (HIVST), facility and community-level supervision etc.
- Oversees compilation of M&E data for inclusion in monthly High-Frequency Reporting (HFR), quarterly reports and other ad hoc reporting requests.
- Reviews and/or writes M&E plans, papers and reports and ensures their accuracy and appropriateness.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- Familiarity with the Nigerian public health sector, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs) is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy-to-understand formats including visualizations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Nigerian health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting and use of data.
- Previous experience in building capacity for generation and use of SI in CBOs.
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English
- Ability to travel within Nigeria
Qualifications and requirements:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology, Geography and other related areas with 5-7 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation in international development related to HIV/AIDS comprehensive services
- 5 years of practical or demonstrable experience in monitoring and evaluation or data management.
- Experience in providing M&E support to programs working with key populations including one or more of the following is preferred: sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs
- Previous experience working with USAID or PEPFAR-supported programs and KP-led organizations, including familiarity with USAID M&E reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to be the technical specialist and as the lead subject matter expert in monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, Epi Info and/or other analytic software and to provide evidence-based recommendations accordingly.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of GIS and other tools to support geospatial display of data to target program interventions and resources.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online