3 days ago
Job title : Storekeeper jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : March 28, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Executing the stock management activities (receipt, storage, and issuance to projects or other departments of medical supplies, food items, spare parts, tools, equipment and/ or other logistics materials), according to the line manager’s instructions and MSF standards and protocols, in order to ensure the overall functioning of MSF activities.
- Supervising materials and goods, orders and dispatch in order to ensure its rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying and reporting potential discrepancies against cargo manifest or others. Stores materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Updating and/or creating stock cards for all stock items immediately after the reception of goods. Checking the received cold boxes and controlling the cold chain-monitoring equipment.
- Storing materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability ensuring that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Monitoring the store temperature and ensuring Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature. Keeping a special control of sensitive goods: numbers of lots, expiry dates, packaging, and special storage conditions.
- Preparing orders on time before sending goods, and packs (according to transport means) weighing and labels freight with corresponding shipping number, destination, number of shipping units, waybill number, weight and mode of transport in accordance with the line manager’s instructions.
- In conjunction with the line manager, performing physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined. Following up stock levels with regards to alarm thresholds, stock out and expiry dates.
- Controlling warehouse with limited access to authorized personnel onlays and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse.
- Assisting the line manager with the preparation of the stock reports.
MSF Section / Context-Specific Accountabilities
- Following up stock management on the ERP tool, by receiving incoming shipments, and its subsequent picking, packing and shipping to Project locations.
- Controlling the activities of daily workers and ensuring requests for such is adequately justified.
- Cover the gap in the absence of the warehouse supervisor.
- Ensures that all staff under their supervision perform their duties observing the MSF policies and in compliance with relevant SOPs of the department. Reports to the manager immediately whenever compliance is not or cannot be met.
- Diploma or Undergraduate Degree in Supply, Warehouse management, procurement or related studies
- Previous experience as storekeeper desirable
- 2 years work experience.
- Mission language is essential. Local language is desirable.
- Ability to do basic repairs desirable, computer literacy (word, excel).
- Essential basic knowledge of mathematics and use of measuring equipment
- Commitment to MSF Principles, Behavioural Flexibility, Stress Management, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Service Orientation.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Store Keeping/Procurement jobs
- Storekeeper jobs
- Salary Offer: *********